The wife says that she's ready for gun ownership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has recently converted to the dark side as well. It wasn't until my birthday last summer when her and her dad took me to Heartland for a couple of hours that she got hooked. I think it was the fact that she'd never shot a handgun before and after some safety tips and a couple of pointers she was capable of hallowing out a dime by the end of her first magazine. Slight exaggeration, perhaps, but she was getting 3-4" grouping with my 1911 at about 7 yards. She even hung her target in the garage to be displayed as a trophy.

A couple of months ago she bought us some packages on Groupon and LivingSocial for range time + ammo + gun rental at Heartland and so far after burning through those and trying different pieces she really likes the XDm-9. She's even talked about getting more practice in, taking some basic handgun classes and then taking the SDA course. Not bad considering not even a year ago she was saying "do you really need your gun to go to Crest?".

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's Crest?

Anyways, my wife is now getting into the shooting thing and she has asked me several times in the last couple of months to take her to the range again. Hoping to do that this week, and take a boatload of pistols to try out. Now we just have to get her citizenship stuff done so she can get her permit. :D

My wife's pretty sexy, but now I'm considering some photo shoots with her and the guns. :D

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Great news ........ My wife (Married for 37 years) is on her 2nd CCL and loves to shoot (Retired USAF) ..... Good to see that your wife has realized the increasing need to be able to defend herself. Give her a hug ..... :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, darn good news about the wife's conversion.

Now, go get her signed up for some firearms classes related to safety, handling, and what-to-do scenarios. In fact, sign both of you up for classes. My philosophy is that we can't know enough about proper firearms training. Any learning video I watch gets watched numerous times because each time I pick up something new that I missed in previous viewings. I feel that training, especially in a classroom setting where distractions occur, is also subject to being enhanced by repeated courses of instruction.

All the above will make her capable and confident.

royallbinky

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dad and I taught my wife (girlfriend at that time) how to shoot when she and I were dating. My mother in law still gets nervous when she comes to my house because there are guns around. A few years back she was going to be spending a good deal of time alone while I was traveling, so we took her out to try some things out. I handed her a Mossberg 500 12 ga. She cut the target in half nearly slam-firing it. I just look at her and told her that was now her shotgun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom