Tire stores, if you will

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used Hibdons for years with good results. Recently I've used Robertsons (can walk there from work) and they haven't charged me for the last 2 flats they repaired, even though I didn't buy the tires from them.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hibdons has been a nightmare for me the last several years but I had to keep going back for the free rotation on tires I bought there. I have a dually and the tires have to be broke down off the wheel to rotate them and it takes them 2-3 hours. Once they forgot to tighten my lug nuts and I discovered it while doing 70 down I-35. I didnt lose the wheel, I stopped when I heard the noise of the loose wheel and pulled over. ALL the lugs were a full turn loose by hand at that point.
I'm almost in need of 6 new tires and I will take my business to Discount.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF I had a flat in front of a hibdons... I would roll flat until i found a different tire store...

I really didnt like them much when the hibdons owned it... and really dislike them now that firestone owns them...

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh and Discount Tire has always been a class act the 20+ years I was in the tire/wheel business... And to clear up last post... I never had a problem with the Hibdons... It was some of the crooks they had working for them..

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also like Robertson's Tire. They have fixed many flats for free on tires that I didn't buy there (came on the car when I bought it). And they always give me a good deals on new tires.

A wheel/mag story from my youth. Back in the early 1960's I was a teenager in high school and from a poor family. I had an old beat up car that I had just bought (yes I worked after school) and wanted some mag wheels. I went to Ted Robertson's first store over on Admiral and found some used ones. I didn't have cash to pay for them but really wanted them. Ted looked at me and said son, I'm gonna trust you. Take the mags and pay me what you can weekly until they are paid off. No contract just a handshake and my promise to pay which I did. I've been a loyal customer ever since.

Itchyfinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a full service auto repair business in Norman. I hear stories EVERY week from first time customers about bad experiences from alot of "chain" places. Beats me why anyone would rather wait 2-5 hours for an alignment or tires from a place like this than come to a place like mine where I will remember your name the minute you walk in the door and give you a follow up call a few days after EVERY visit.

Good deal for Discount Tire, too! Glad you were happy with your service because it's getting harder and harder to find auto service from someone who truly cares.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a full service auto repair business in Norman. I hear stories EVERY week from first time customers about bad experiences from alot of "chain" places. Beats me why anyone would rather wait 2-5 hours for an alignment or tires from a place like this than come to a place like mine where I will remember your name the minute you walk in the door and give you a follow up call a few days after EVERY visit.

Good deal for Discount Tire, too! Glad you were happy with your service because it's getting harder and harder to find auto service from someone who truly cares.

What's the name of your business?

Latest posts

Top Bottom