Titan Taken Out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An airliner is pressurized. The sub is not. Where are the photos of the wreckage? And won't the remains of the sphere be nearby?
An airliner is pressurized for the passenger's comfort, not because it needs to be. I can assure you that the nose cone of an airplane is subject to a great deal of compression regardless of the pressurization of the cabin

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An airliner is pressurized. The sub is not. Where are the photos of the wreckage? And won't the remains of the sphere be nearby?
Won't be anything left. The bodies were squeezed out between the parts during the implosion like cheese wiz and the larger part that may have remained were eaten be aquatic life during the last few days.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would advise you not to step foot in a 787 dreamliner with those theories....
There is a big difference between the structure of a vessel subject to internal pressure such as an airliner and the structure of a vessel subject to external pressure such as a submersible.

Woody

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can tug on it and it won't stretch, stays straight right up to the point of failure. Now take that same piece of string and try to simply stand it on end. Wont do, let alone trying to get it to support a load.
What in the wide, wide world of sports does standing a string on end have to do with modern composites?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am very short of facts, and not probably going to do any research. Seems very weird that "poorly built" is the case. I would guess there was testing and engineers that know their crap working on it. That said, it still doesn't mean something didn't fail versus and conspiracy theories.
Perhaps the makers said 'God Himself Could Not Implode This Submarine"

Except there are reports that the CEO made a comment that he would prefer a younger person for the job rather than a "50 year old white guy." Maybe the designer was hired more for diversity than experience?

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An airliner is pressurized for the passenger's comfort, not because it needs to be. I can assure you that the nose cone of an airplane is subject to a great deal of compression regardless of the pressurization of the cabin
Uhhh.... Someone help me.😬 Nothing is 'compressing' from the outside in an aircraft. from the atmosphere anyway. Down below they had quite a few atmospheres. One atmosphere = 14.7 psi.
Think external vs internal pressure.
watch

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhh.... Someone help me.😬 Nothing is 'compressing' from the outside in an aircraft. from the atmosphere anyway. Down below they had quite a few atmospheres. One atmosphere = 14.7 psi.
watch

Wind resistance acts as a compressive force when it's flying, aerodynamics try to alleviate much of that but no such thing as 0 resistance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom