Trapping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trapperman.com is a pretty good source.
I'm not sure if the Okla trappers asso. has a course?

I got out of the stand about 9 this morning after taking a doe, and got her to the round top. In anticipation of trapping season, I got my traps organized, and will get them waxed up this weekend. I don't trap for money, unless its a bobcat, and I do make some sets for them. I trap to control the predators that rob the quail and pheasant nests.

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Oklahoma Fur Beares Alliance does not have a formal trapping course.They do have a camp every summer where they demo how to make sets and offer a coniber certification class. There are some very good trappers in that organization that are usually more than willing to help out.

Scott

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can Bobcat pelts be sold in state if trapped and tagged?

I no longer have my lease and this year hunting is out due to mom and her medical situation. I have allways wanted a bobcat mount, and am wondering if I can buy one that has been trapped and tagged and then have it mounted?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can Bobcat pelts be sold in state if trapped and tagged?

I no longer have my lease and this year hunting is out due to mom and her medical situation. I have allways wanted a bobcat mount, and am wondering if I can buy one that has been trapped and tagged and then have it mounted?

Yes they can be sold to my understanding if correctly tagged.
I stand to be corrected, but it would be like a deer tag, where it can be donated to another individual as long as the other individual's name is put on the tag. As long as the paper trail(tag) stays with the animal your good to go.

this is my bobcat mount. I shot it with a .45 ACP the year they made it legal to use as a deer weapon.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00491.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00169.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00165.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of. Does anyone know of a formal trapping course available in the state?

Your cousin in Stillwater can teach you quite a bit if we can get some time together. It has been a few years but I love to do it. Like Christmas every day to go out and see what you got. Here is a pic from somewhere around 15 yrs ago.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_scan_1.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they can be sold to my understanding if correctly tagged.
I stand to be corrected, but it would be like a deer tag, where it can be donated to another individual as long as the other individual's name is put on the tag. As long as the paper trail(tag) stays with the animal your good to go.

this is my bobcat mount. I shot it with a .45 ACP the year they made it legal to use as a deer weapon.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00491.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00169.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_DSC00165.jpg

You know I am starting to like you more and more...

That is a nice looking cat.

I was stalked by a cat on a hunt in 2004, if it had been fur bearer season, I could have had a nice cat. He hung around my ground blind for about 15 minutes walking around and at times letting out a low growl...he finally moved on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom