travel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wife is traveling from Platte City, MO to Mobile, AL - I have made that route before and do not want her to go through Menphis (that is about where she will need to lay over, she has 4-hours before arriving in Platte City too) I am thinking of routing her through Jackson, TN - anyone familiar with with that town? My two experiences with Memphis were not favorable.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we go through jackson TN from time to time, but rarely stop since it's relatively close to where we live.

that said, memphis has a lot of outlying areas that are relatively safe. Especially on the east side. Germantown, collierville, etc. Those are the areas where a lot of people moved to get 'out of memphis'.

depending on how she plans to head south, there are places south of memphis that might be good options. Tupelo, Oxford, etc. It just depends on which way she is going.

NationalMatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to visit Jackson when I was in college near there. It was an ok city. Boring. Not much to do. If it's still like it was then, sounds perfect for your purpose.

I lived in Memphis when I was exploring grad school. I wouldn't go back with less than platoon strength. Some outlying areas are ok, but if it were my wife, I'd want her to stay as far away from it as possible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom