Tulsa Firearms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with Carry Legal, but after an update on their Facebook and their regular page, it appears to me that Paul isn't with them anymore. It's Jeremiah and a guy named Jeremy. He's still in one of the pictures on their website, but he isn't listed as an instructor anymore.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Get ready to hear about 6 hours worth of stories about their past accomplishments. I learned this the hard way.

What class did you take? When I took my CC class at Tulsa Firearms, it lasted a little more than a few hours including the range time. All though I no longer shoot there, I don't find their suicide rate disturbing. If 2A stays in business long enough, they too will experience this. At least they haven't had someone shoot or harm anyone else. The last guy waited until the range was empty to make his exit.

And from what I've been told, 2A has some holes in the ceiling as well..
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol_1.gif

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What class did you take? When I took my CC class at Tulsa Firearms, it lasted a little more than a few hours including the range time. All though I no longer shoot there, I don't find their suicide rate disturbing. If 2A stays in business long enough, they too will experience this. At least they haven't had someone shoot or harm anyone else. The last guy waited until the range was empty to make his exit.

And from what I've been told, 2A has some holes in the ceiling as well..
i1235.photobucket.com_albums_ff422_Lurkerinthewoods_icon_lol_1.gif

Sorry just saw this post...

I took the CCW class there in first quarter of 2011, we were ther the entire 8 hours, and like I said about 6 hours was rehashing the instructors accomplishments and competitions, 1 hour going over material, and 1 hour of shooting including breaks. I was more confused after the class than before. I'm not exaggerating here on the times by the way. It was horrible but I was happy to get my certificate.

I haven't been back to TFA since late winter of 2011 after going to 2A a few times and now being a member of USSA since the first of this year.

I never said anything about their suicide rate, though I do agree with you that with enough time in business, it will/could happen anywhere.

JoeSmith

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went there 4 years ago and hated it. Rude people, high prices, rude people :). I went back about 8 months ago and got my ccw with them. The instructor was great, one guy on the counter was okay, but still wasn't impressed. Went back looking for a holster and it was rude cocky people as usual. I had to buy their membership to get my ccw I haven't used it since. Stupid high prices to shoot their even with a membership. I keep hearing about Red Castle Gun club and from what I hear they are really good.

jdgabbard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dislike both 2A and Tulsa Firearms. I go to Happy Hollow to shoot, he is more strict, but a good range. As for buying stuff, I prefer to do business in the southern end of the state where they are not as proud of their prices. And have larger selections then most of the stores in Tulsa.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dislike both 2A and Tulsa Firearms. I go to Happy Hollow to shoot, he is more strict, but a good range. As for buying stuff, I prefer to do business in the southern end of the state where they are not as proud of their prices. And have larger selections then most of the stores in Tulsa.

This response is a bit late, but I'm curious; while it's not hard to see why you'd dislike TF, what is it about 2A that you don't like?

Latest posts

Top Bottom