TULSA PD CHIEF: Might be time to trade some freedom for gun control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In California
I don’t know of any firearms restrictions Oklahoma has that individual officers are exempt from.
All traffic laws to be honest. But frankly I don't care. I think there *should* be two standards for law enforcement and for citizens. You can't prosecute cops for keeping the peace and defending themselves, for instance, and then expect to keep having cops to defend you. They simply won't be able to fill the jobs (San Antonio, I'm looking at you).

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In California
I don’t know of any firearms restrictions Oklahoma has that individual officers are exempt from.
Considering that we don't really have any firearms restrictions at the state level. Law enforcement agencies are exempt from paying NFA tax stamps.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All traffic laws to be honest. But frankly I don't care. I think there *should* be two standards for law enforcement and for citizens. You can't prosecute cops for keeping the peace and defending themselves, for instance, and then expect to keep having cops to defend you. They simply won't be able to fill the jobs (San Antonio, I'm looking at you).
Defending us?

*laughs in Uvalde*

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try not having cops and see how much the public suffers.
I'm not saying that we should do away with cops. I'm saying that cops are not responsible for my protection. When seconds count the police are minutes away. Do you carry a gun? If so, why?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In California
IDK about now but many larger departments and some sheriffs had full auto weapons. They weren't standard issue but they had them available to officers that were qualified on them. I'd bet some departments still do and probably some have disposed of them due to the labor to keep track of them, maintenance, cost to feed at quals, etc.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not saying that we should do away with cops. I'm saying that cops are not responsible for my protection. When seconds count the police are minutes away. Do you carry a gun? If so, why?
I'm not sure you know exactly what you're saying considering what you've said in this thread. But I'm tired and my amount of care is down to 1%. This old man's going to bed.

bushmaster06

Hoist the black flag.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IDK about now but many larger departments and some sheriffs had full auto weapons. They weren't standard issue but they had them available to officers that were qualified on them. I'd bet some departments still do and probably some have disposed of them due to the labor to keep track of them, maintenance, cost to feed at quals, etc.
Every OHP trooper on a motorcycle and every OKCPD motorcycle cop that I’ve seen has an AR-15 SBR mounted to their bikes. They’re pretty slick setups.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plays right into the hands of those far left extremist who desire the one world government. Most intelligent conservatives know and understand that the easiest way to control someone is to have them 100% dependant on you. But how do you make them achieve that degree of dependency?
Same way you trap a herd of wild pigs!
Put out some corn, and wait a few days. They find it and start coming back. Put up 1 side of the trap, and wait a few days. They are leery at first, but get used to it and continue to feed. Slowly put up each side with a wait between each and then the gate or trapdoor but don't set it. Give them a few days of feeding with everything set up and when you do set the trapdoor, you'll catch the entire herd all at once. They will go crazy at first, but will soon calm down and go back to feeding.
Funny thing is, that even if one escapes, it will hang around and try to get back in to the corn.
That's how I see the last 30 years or so of the devastation that has been the results of the Leftist Liberals WOKE endeavors of their so called equality, equity, social justice, and welfare for those capable of caring for themselves and families but choosing a handout instead. Along with the idiocy of legalizing pot for what was supposed to be only for those in medical need without a use by use prescription from a certified physician. But rather with a renewable license that could be
purchased online for a mear $100 by any adult claiming distress in their lives.
Of the many times that I have worked as the security officer at several of these so called pharmacies, I have only witnessed 3 elderly, and obviously in great pain customers hand their license over to be served. The rest... younger than 40 and mostly in their teens and early 20s.
And we wonder why things are the way they are in our country today!!!
I agree, but if Americans have been dumbed down by propaganda, to the level of pigs, OR LESS, we argue about what gender we are, GIVE ME A BREAK!! Degenerate MORONS, will go for the corn every time, right? Good luck to us!! Look up the experiments of John B. Calhoun, MD, PhD, on the effects of over crowding, of rats! His work explains much of what is happening to the human race right now!!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every OHP trooper on a motorcycle and every OKCPD motorcycle cop that I’ve seen has an AR-15 SBR mounted to their bikes. They’re pretty slick setups.
Really? I haven't been able to find a single picture of either a OHP motorcycle or an OKCPD motorcycle with an AR (or any long-gun) mounted on it. Not doubting you, just really interested in checking-out what such a set-up looks like 😶

Latest posts

Top Bottom