Unlawful to not pull over?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Tulsa policy has been addressed by LEO's on this forum in the past. Traffic officers in unmarked cars will be in regulation uniform. Plain clothes officers effecting a traffic stop bring in a uniformed unit before making the stop. And the uniformed officer is the one who initiates the contact.

Well where is the fun in that?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This became an issue some time back when OCPD was working under a federal grant for traffic enforcement and safety. (RAID) They were in unmarked cars which had to have lights installed in compliance with Title 47.

When the program started, the officers were operating in plain clothes and caused some confusion and problems. A state legislator was stopped one day and he didn't like the program and how it was done. Shortly after that the law was amended and even though the cars remain unmarked, the officers now have to wear uniforms.

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've told my wife that if this happens, put un her 4 way flashers to acknowledge to the "officer" that she sees him/her and then call 911 and report it while progressing to the police station, or nearest fire station...tell 911 where you are going.

If that gets her in trouble, we'll deal with it...but she WILL NOT stop for any unmarked car where it's not totally safe.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I suggest pulling into a public area that's well lit. If you just keep going, your going to be in a pursuit, and only bad things can happen. I'd call 911, and inform them were you are, and what's happening. Also if the officer is not in a formal uniform, ask for his CLEET card, commission card, and badge. If he doesn't have all 3 on him, he's not a LEO.

Most instances of people Impersonating police are going to occurs in very remote areas, with few people around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom