Unsupervised Child in Tulsa Sat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colberjs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I were in Tulsa Sat. for the Jason Aldean concert and she wanted to go to Burlington at 71st & Memorial for some new jeans. When we came out there was a Chevy Ext. cab pickup parked next to us. As I was putting her bags in the car I noticed a kids head pop up in the back of the truck. He was about 7-8 year old hispanic kid. I looked in the cab and there was nobody around. I was just watching the kid for a couple minutes and he climbed over the tailgate and walked to the passenger door of the truck. It was locked, so he walked to the drivers side. It was locked too. He climbed back in the bed and laid down low again. Every minute or so he would pop up, look around, and lay back down. I went inside and told a loss prevention employee at the door what was going on. He walked outside with me and told me he would take care of it and walked back inside. When I got back to the car I went ahead and called the police. I waited for at least 20 minutes and nobody ever came out of the store to check and police never showed up. My wife had went back inside to get something while I was waiting on police to show up. When she came back outside she said they announced over the intercom the tag number and requested the owners to come to the front. At this point we were running late for an appointment. Then the kid gets out of the truck and heads toward the store. I followed to make sure he got inside without getting run over and waited a few more minutes before I had to get going. The truck had TX plates.

Just wondering if any Tulsa PD was on here and if they knew how this turned out. I called the store about 30 min. after we left and spoke with a manager and all she said is that they went and got the kid out of the parking lot and he was now with his parents. I told her they didnt go get the kid because I watched him walk inside by himself. Some people don't deserve to have children. I mentioned to the employee that I notified that I thougt it was illegal to leave your children unattended in the parking lot and he said he thought it was a felony. It bothers me that they didnt seem to interested in making sure the parents answered to the police.

bashed1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It bothers me that they didnt seem to interested in making sure the parents answered to the police.

It bothers me more that the police never showed up to check on the welfare of the child! Thank you for taking action on that; most people would simply turn their head and go about their business.

Colberjs

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It bothers me more that the police never showed up to check on the welfare of the child! Thank you for taking action on that; most people would simply turn their head and go about their business.

I looked online and saw where it was dispatched, but never saw them. If I had backed into somebody's car they would have probably been there within 5 minutes.

That was disappointing to me also. Like you said. More so than the lack of support from the store.

Latest posts

Top Bottom