Used Honda Accord opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could have been, I know I got it tight when I first filled it up. I was talking to my FIL the other day and he said to check it, I said what the hell, loosened it and re tightend. The car had been sitting for a few months before I bought it so I'm just waiting for small things to pop up. Hell, we spent 2 days cleaning the car inside and out, stem cleaning the seats, carpet, cleaning everything. The kid didnt even bother to wash it before showing it. Got home and all the tires were low, one had 10 lbs in it. lol

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A loose or leaking fuel cap will turn the ck eng light on but you will get specific codes if your fuel cap or any other component related to the evaporative emissions system is leaking, you wouldn't get a P0420 for that. Without going into great detail the P0420 is basically a self diagnosed code, meaning the oxygen sensors are working correct, but the rear sensor (catalyst monitor) does not like what it's seeing. When the rear oxygen sensor values are similar to the front oxygen sensor, that's when you will see catalyst efficiency codes.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The light came back on yesterday so I'll prob do the non fouler mod when I get time. Now I got another problem with it. lol It seems my front driver side brake rotor is rubbing against something in or very near the caliper. It's not a constant rub, it only does it as it passes and certain point during the rotation. I some about it online today and one guy, after replacing pretty much everything else, found it to be the anchor bolts. After those were replaced it was good to go. I'm going to put this problem ahead of the CEL and inspect it better this weekend hopefully.

Latest posts

Top Bottom