USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No no, the world is not in decline. It'll get right just soon as jill finds Joe's super power pills. Meanwhile I'm looking for a good pony Express horse.. So I can step in when the ponies come back in fashion. 🤣 .. YEE HAW giddy up pony.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I've always preferred dealing with the USPS over FedEx or UPS. Not anymore since we've moved to Ada. Ada has the WORST mail service I've seen in my entire life. Rarely does a week go by that something doesn't get delivered, gets misrouted, etc. It's truly horrible.
One of my uncles worked at the Francis post office 45 years ago or so.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you’ve never carried a satchel on your back or delivered a rural route you’re just another uninformed member of the OSA USPS me too movement. Great news though, I heard they’re hiring. I can’t imagine managing in the current work environment but I’m sure one of you guys could step up and get it done.

Yeah... That excuse doesn't work for cops. It's not gonna work for the post office or mail carriers. At this point the bureaucracy of the USPS is extremely incompetent and really can't be defended.

And I doubt my carrier has ever carried a satchel on his back. He still sucks. Worst we've ever had. And I'm 62 so I've been getting mail for nearly 50 years.

We're signed up for informed delivery as well. Called to ask why we didn't get something that was supposed to be delivered. We were told "that's just an estimate of the delivery time". The Ada post office is the worst I've ever dealt with. It's one thing after another with them.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I can't count how many times our neighbors and I have exchanged mail that has been delivered to the wrong house in spite of the addresses being clearly marked on the mailbox and the house. The PO Box we had a few years ago, at the Post Office, was even worse, much of that mail was lost never to be found again.
That’s the new USPS meet your neighbor plan

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you’ve never carried a satchel on your back or delivered a rural route you’re just another uninformed member of the OSA USPS me too movement. Great news though, I heard they’re hiring. I can’t imagine managing in the current work environment but I’m sure one of you guys could step up and get it done.
So inform us then. How does the system allow it to say delivered, when it isn't, then show up two days later? Why does my security cam not have my rural carrier on cam for 1-3 days at a time and then get 40 pieces of mail the next day when they do appear on cam? How does their system allow me to track a certified letter to it's destination when it says "delivered" but they say it's not there, nor has it been accepted by the recipient? Don't tell me I'm not aware of what goes on at my mailbox. Like I said above, nobody can't defend that other than the folks in my area are not good at their jobs.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Informed delivery clearly states when you sign up it may not be the actual mail piece being delivered today since it is fed by the pieces upstream hitting automation equipment. I was Postmaster in Ada in the early 90’s for a couple of years. Fired 2 carriers while I was there and a couple more were on the way out the door when I left to go to Shawnee. Some good people but a few lazy ones as well. I liked the town of Ada for the most part except on food stamp day when they were lined up around the block. Most of them appeared able bodied to me but not a lot of them applied when I had a vacancy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom