USSA speaks out against “ghost guns”.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are guns made in the past without serial numbers shipped that way from the factory
Yes, I own several made prior to the requirement for SN.
The 1968 Gun Control Act established the requirement for all guns to have a serial number that is unique across the manufacturer’s product line.
https://www.quora.com/What-year-did-serial-numbers-on-firearms-become-required?share=1
So is USSA inspecting every firearm brought on to the property for a SN?

Last time I was there, you checked in and went to the range of choice and shot.

j-black

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I own several made prior to the requirement for SN.
The 1968 Gun Control Act established the requirement for all guns to have a serial number that is unique across the manufacturer’s product line.
https://www.quora.com/What-year-did-serial-numbers-on-firearms-become-required?share=1
So is USSA inspecting every firearm brought on to the property for a SN?

Last time I was there, you checked in and went to the range of choice and shot.
Nope, quit going there. Three visits in a row "gunny" accosted us.
1 Accused of of having full autos and wanted paperwork as someone from another stall said we were shooting full auto. We weren't.
2 Wanted to see paperwork for suppressors cause he was driving by and saw us with them.
3 Was shooting with some guys from a local, well known shop, and they had to produce NFA papers ,cause again, gunny was on the prowl.
4 and final straw, old lady at the front desk said we had to have all NFA paper work on file with USSA. These are the same people that cant keep track of your insurance waivers and no way in hell I'm giving them my papers.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very unfortunate, I'll be taking my membership elsewhere. Owner was always pretty nice, but this interview was ignorant of the facts. Nice and short, tailored article to press an agenda as well.
Everything I'd expect from KTUL. I haven't intentionally tuned into a "newscast" of theirs for over a decade.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Have many firearms made from 80% and one made from 0%. What would I do with them? Same thing I do with ones that have serials....nothing illegal!

Added that their entire premise of serials to track a gun? Wtf do you think you will find out?

John criminal went and purchased the gun so all his info is there? No jack wagon.....it was stolen?

https://apnews.com/article/governme...litics-crime-6caba27108d05a8b7c1860959d1ae130
That is just military stolen firearms....

Such a stupid ass argument.

Latest posts

Top Bottom