People get upset over a billboard. OKLAHOMA CITY

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well my problem is that it's not a BB gun on that billboard. To me, Christmas is all about kids. When I reminisce about Christmas as a child, it always meant Santa bringing me a new BB gun. Mostly because every BB gun I got didn't last more than a year, because I literally wore them out shooting them so much. Back then, Santa knew what was important, and that was always having your BB gun available, well fed and in proper working order. You never knew when you'd need to defend your property from varmints, your garden from grasshoppers, your pecans from birds or your trash from pristine tin cans that looked out of place.

So unless the AR Santa is slinging in that billboard is from Umarex, it's out of place. I don't know anyone who can afford to wear out 5.56 rifles on an annual basis, and you need to give Santa a reason to come back year after year!
when I was 8 growing up in Osage county I ran the woods with my colt courier 22 rifle and my granny's dog tootles squirrel hunting all day. it was the norm........wish Santa brought me an AR even though I'd never heard of one in '68

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve looked back at that billboard a half dozen times trying to figure out if I’m missing something, and I got nothing. :anyone:

The world is full of ”Karen’s” and limp d*cks that are going to get their panties twisted up about the littlest things, and everyone seems to want to coddle and appease them. Like I said in an earlier post, if a business had a billboard of Santa waving a rainbow or “blm” flag, the media would be dead silent OR they’d be praising the business for being “inclusive”.
As long as society puts up with and tries to appease the “offended”, nothing is going to change…in other words, nothing is going to change.:rolleyes2
Dang, I sure miss that middle finger emoji.:censored:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I was 8 growing up in Osage county I ran the woods with my colt courier 22 rifle and my granny's dog tootles squirrel hunting all day. it was the norm........wish Santa brought me an AR even though I'd never heard of one in '68
My brother! Did the same thing down on Blue river with a dog named Tippy...

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) — A holiday billboard is turning heads after displaying an image of Santa Claus holding a rifle.

https://kfor.com/news/local/gun-toting-santa-billboard-causes-controversy/

“Are we advertising to children here to say, hey, Santa likes guns, you kids, you like guns?” he asks.

My answer would be. Sure!! I'm not seeing the problem there. How about just be a parent, and teach your kids how to be safe and responsible. It worked for my kids.
It's not the guns fault It's the people's fault. Guns have been around a lot longer than these shootings. The people who are doing the mass shootings are evil. Their heads are messed up from all the evil and sin in the world.
If we as a people could humble ourselves and turn from our wicked ways then Jesus could redeem all people to Himself and he would heal our people from our sin and I guarantee with my life that mass shootings would be very few if any. Because, our God is righteous and Holy.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
107.1 KNID in Enid is bombarded with ads for Patricia’s which I gather is the same theme. Maybe @DRC458 will chime in and let us know if it’s worth dropping by.🤣

Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. Let's see. I think I know the place of which you speak. I believe I was in there once about 19xx something???? Back then, IIRC, it might have been called Christie's, or Priscilla's or something else. Did you need me to look for something in particular?

Latest posts

Top Bottom