Very Interesting yet Very Scary Article

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fact that someone would have to defend (not saying you are) ...

Glad you added the proviso because I would consider any Senator that voted to approve the small arms treaty in violation of his oath of office.

My contention is that the treaty will never get 2/3 approval. If the obamanation goes the executive order route it will not have force of law and could not be legally enforced.

If the executive tried to enforce it illegally...

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems that BO has constantly stepped around congress, he already thinks he is supreme commander of all so what's stopping him from using Executive Order for this also??

Bingo! Many presidents have stepped around the war clause doing basically the same thing, war is to be approved by congress, the president only has a certain amount of time before needing the approval of congress, They havent declared war since WW2.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glad you added the proviso because I would consider any Senator that voted to approve the small arms treaty in violation of his oath of office.

My contention is that the treaty will never get 2/3 approval. If the obamanation goes the executive order route it will not have force of law and could not be legally enforced.

Then my concern is, why would they even be talking about such a treaty, is there any other nation that they know would be standing in the way like we are? I honestly don't know. It seems to me that we are in the crosshairs here. Is there any other country that would be hurt like we would by having our freedoms taken away?

I'm really liking the comments by those who think we are blowing this out of proportion and being paranoid. What do we have to gain by having such a treaty passed and why is our countries representatives even taking part in these talks unless they're all voicing their opinion against it, I don't think that is happening. Nothing to see here folks, everybody move along...

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even the fact that we have to be discussing this is concern enough. That Hillary and Obama have stated favor of such measures. Yet people on here say oh don't worry it would never pass the senate for ratification. Well hell's bells! Is it not problem enough that we are even discussing the possible passage and US support of this UN treaty and no one in the whitehouse has denounced it! Who cares if it doesn't actually get ratified, for anyone of power in our government to sign a UN agreement of something like this that is in direct conflict with our constitution is an abomination and near treason!

People keep denying it saying it will never make it to the final step, well it will if people have a apathetic attitude and think it just can't happen here in America. It can't if we stay vigilant and protect our freedoms and keep politicians accountable, but if everyone just points and laughs and calls the people that are speaking out against the erosion of our freedom crazy and conspiracy theorists, then erosions will continue and it will soon be too late and ou will soon find out it can happen even to America afterall.

Go ahead call me crazy everyone

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The United Nations "Peace Forces" will be the enforcer.

An army of many nations would be the ones to come disarm us.

I call them "blue Helmets"

EOTech red will set well on blue.

All the president has to do is invoke martial law because of a civil war. (about guns and freedom confiscation)

American forces will ultimatley not pull triggers on their own (there will be some scumbags that will, but not many)

So there will be total chaos, and the UN will have to get involved.

While the scumbag banksters, and elite sit offshore and watch it all happen, just like they planned. (that last part was for you been :P )

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bingo! Many presidents have stepped around the war clause doing basically the same thing, war is to be approved by congress, the president only has a certain amount of time before needing the approval of congress, They havent declared war since WW2.

Apples and oranges. As smart as the founders were they didn't build a 100% fool proof constitution.

1) The President is commander in chief of all the armed forces thus he can order them to do what ever he wants them to do.

2) Congress must declare war if we are to go to war.

3) SEE 1) the pres can do what ever he wants with the military

Kind of a Catch 22

4) Congress controls the purse and can refuse to fund the use of the armed forces if the pres does something they don't want them to do - like say go to Iraq and conquer it without a declaration of war.

Neither the pres nor congress has ever had the testicular fortitude to challenge those circumstances in court. So far congress has never cut off funding for the armed forces when used in a war it doesn't want to fight.

It's kind'a like two 10 year olds facing off in the school yard daring each other to go ahead - hit me and neither will because they're afraid of what will happen if they do.

Executive orders, on the other hand, are a whole different matter. They are not law. They tell departments within the Exec branch who to operate. The limits of their bounds have been stretched. If stretched too far they can be overturned by Congress (I don't know the details behind how).

The legislative and executive branches are in a constant struggle to reign supreme. The balance of power often shifts but when it does it inevitably shifts back to retain balance. Neither branch wants to push too far lest an irresolvable impasse is reached that could result in a constitutional crisis that worst case could bring down the government.

The president cannot use an executive order to enforce a treaty not ratified by the Senate. If he tried...

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom