Victim Opted to Be Disarmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Exactly. I always see comments by people talking about how great texas’ gun laws are. I think they aren’t that great. They criminalize law abiding citizens if they carry past a stupid no guns sign. I remember going on vacation down there a few years ago and I was so nervous because I didn’t want to make a mistake and it cost me. I don’t like leaving Oklahoma and if I don’t have to I won’t ever again. They say everything is bigger in Texas I guess that also includes gun restrictions. I’ve always said, Texas
Sucks!! And I mean it. Boomer Sooner!

Missouri's gun laws run parallel to ours and is a much more beautiful state than Texas. My wife and I just got into a time share program with BlueGreen and they have a nice resort just south of Branson.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Missouri's gun laws run parallel to ours and is a much more beautiful state than Texas. My wife and I just got into a time share program with BlueGreen and they have a nice resort just south of Branson.
What's the name of the resort? Wife and I have spent 31 years at Taneycomo in the spring and the fall trout fishing. We always stay at Lilleys Landing resort right on the lake just a short distance from Branson proper. In all of those years we have never been to one of the hillbilly hoe down shows. Just not our cup of tea, but it's a great area to get away and unwind while getting in some quality trout fishing.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lot of family that live in Carthage. They do have some pretty good gun laws. Didn’t they just pass an anti abortion law? If an that alone makes it a great state. It’s high time ours follows suit.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the name of the resort? Wife and I have spent 31 years at Taneycomo in the spring and the fall trout fishing. We always stay at Lilleys Landing resort right on the lake just a short distance from Branson proper. In all of those years we have never been to one of the hillbilly hoe down shows. Just not our cup of tea, but it's a great area to get away and unwind while getting in some quality trout fishing.

Its the Big Cedar resort off of 65 and 86. I think its the same lake you are talking about, Lake 30, but its on the SE portion of it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the Big Cedar resort off of 65 and 86. I think it's the same lake you are talking about, Lake 30, but its on the SE portion of it.
Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake. Taneycomo where we stay is the tailwaters lake/river below Table Rock.
Big Cedar is an Amazing get away place. The Top of the Rock that is next to it at the same entrance is an amazing place as well. The top of the rock has a trail where you rent golf carts and ride through caves, waterfalls, and other scenic areas. Very nice! Then take a free shuttle to the top where there is a PGA golf course, a couple of restaurants and a museum of Natural History that focuses on Native American and Civil war history.
The number of artifacts is bigger than the Smithsonian in Washington DC..
Johnny Morris that owns Bass Pro built both facilities. He also just completed a Museum of Natural History in Springfield Mo adjacent to the Bass Pro store that has an amazing aquarium and other fishing and hunting memorabilia. I've posted pics of that place about a year ago when we visited there.
I'll actually have pics of the Top of the Rock trails and one of the restaurants shortly as we were there today.

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake. Taneycomo where we stay is the tailwaters lake/river below Table Rock.
Big Cedar is an Amazing get away place. The Top of the Rock that is next to it at the same entrance is an amazing place as well. The top of the rock has a trail where you rent golf carts and ride through caves, waterfalls, and other scenic areas. Very nice! Then take a free shuttle to the top where there is a PGA golf course, a couple of restaurants and a museum of Natural History that focuses on Native American and Civil war history.
The number of artifacts is bigger than the Smithsonian in Washington DC..
Johnny Morris that owns Bass Pro built both facilities. He also just completed a Museum of Natural History in Springfield Mo adjacent to the Bass Pro store that has an amazing aquarium and other fishing and hunting memorabilia. I've posted pics of that place about a year ago when we visited there.
I'll actually have pics of the Top of the Rock trails and one of the restaurants shortly as we were there today.

Yes, we went to that BP when we went up, was freaking huge! Makes the Broken Arrow BP look like a QT. Some friends that went with us swam with the sharks before they drove back. I'll have to keep that golf cart trail in mind as the wife and I plan to use Big Cedar quite often. Nice thing is we can rent one of the two bedroom cabins for $79 a night since we are owners. The entrance we use is not the same one you are talking about though, ours is the next one down (Devil's Pool rd). The even have a shooting range now (for now just pistols, soon will have a rifle range). Plus all the stuff to do in Branson. Just don't think I'll visit it during the winter, those hills are no joke!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, we went to that BP when we went up, was freaking huge! Makes the Broken Arrow BP look like a QT. Some friends that went with us swam with the sharks before they drove back. I'll have to keep that golf cart trail in mind as the wife and I plan to use Big Cedar quite often. Nice thing is we can rent one of the two bedroom cabins for $79 a night since we are owners. The entrance we use is not the same one you are talking about though, ours is the next one down (Devil's Pool rd). The even have a shooting range now (for now just pistols, soon will have a rifle range). Plus all the stuff to do in Branson. Just don't think I'll visit it during the winter, those hills are no joke!

We boat up to Devils pool. Its where all the waterfalls finally end and there is a marina there. We have a floating island that takes a big 12V pump to inflate, and hang out on it during the day. Nice cool water to swim and cool off in.
Word of caution.....if a sign says no trailers allowed.....heed the sign lol. I'm totally confident in my trailer backing skills but we had to dismantle a fence to get a turn around. Put the fence back up before we left.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might have to meet up out there sometime. Since I'm an owner I can take you to the range at Big Cedar. Dunno how good it is yet, but it is brand new. Probably won't go this summer, more likely closer to fall after we get through the initial owners setup and introduction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom