Vizio Blu-ray Players

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a big steaming pile of cow dung these things are. Bought two of these recently to go in a couple other rooms in the house. One was the $99 model and the other is wi-fi enabled and both include VUDU and Netflix. The wi-fi enabled model will not auto-connect to Netflix after its been turned off essentially having to manually connect it after turning the player on. The other model, which is wired constantly freezes up while using Netflix and I have to hold down the power button on the machine to restart it. This happens sometimes while watching a movie, or having stopped it. Both machines have the current firmware installed. I can't speak for their TV's as all my Hi-def sets are another brand, but I would avoid these players at all costs.

Also.....the remotes are crap too!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watching NipTuck right now on mine.

Mine did the WiFi thing too, disconnecting everytime I turned it on, in fact, I just got it back today via UPS after sending it back to them to have them fix it.

We'll see if it works.

+10 on the remote sucking.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before we'll be building them for the Chinese, at whatever salary they want to pay us.

We'll be able to get even by building crappy stuff that breaks down first use.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my Vizio TV though.

I've always heard good things about the TV's and thats why I grabbed these players. I figured they were really good quality for the money. That sure turned out wrong. Surely these problems could be worked out with a future firmware release one would think. All except for the remotes......only a sledge hammer can fix those. One other gripe.....the damn glue that is use to adhere that spec sheet to the top is utterly ridiculous.

OU Gunner

Marksman
Reaction score
Vizio TVs are the best!!! I buy nothing but Vizio I bought their $99 Bluray and it is a heap of crap however it does play blurays. The worst thing about it, is the wait time for it to eject. Literally it takes 30 seconds to about 2 minutes. You get what you pay for i guess for their bluray players.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Their TVs are crap too. I just had one quit after 2 1/2 years and it cost more to have it repaired than to replace it. I started looking up my issue and there are hundreds of horror stories about how people's tvs crap out after a year or two. If you have one that works, consider yourself lucky. I'll never buy that junk again.

I just replaced my vizio with another panasonic. I've had my other for panasonic plasma for 6 or 7 years and it still works like a champ. Stick with Panasonic or Samsung unless you want to go high end.Then you could go with Mitsubishi or Pioneer. VIZIO sucks!!!

Patriot72

Marksman
Reaction score
I've had a Vizio TV for close to 3 years and it has been an excellent television. I picked up the wifi blue ray player several months ago and it's average at best. It takes anywhere from 3-5 minutes to load a blue ray and at least a few minutes to get it to eject after the movie is over.

OU Gunner

Marksman
Reaction score
WOW i have 3 Vizio TVS in my house. 1 that is about 5 years old Plasma and works great!!! The other two are LCDs. One for the main living room and the other two in the bedrooms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom