Voting in/out Judges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I don't know much about the OK Supreme judges I just vote according to who appointed them

This is what the wife and I did. We voted absentee via US mail since we were leaving Ok before voting day.

I'm working for a while near Chicago. I heard a political ad on the radio on the way one yesterday...so-and-so is even a Tea Party member and wants to allow citizens to carry dangerous weapons...Yada, Yada, Yada...

Political ads are thick here, TV and radio, and it's disgusting to listen to them!

abajaj11

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another important issue is the STATe questions. here is the analysis I used to decide when I voted today.
OK-SAFE Recommendations on Six Oklahoma State Questions on Ballot November 6th 2012:
http://okgrassroots.com/?p=251183
The water rights one (764) is especially tricky since it seems reasonable till you read the analysis. I voted NO on it. it is dangerous.
:)

Blewis11

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is one judge on the list that I can personally vouch for. Douglas Combs. He is a straight shooter, a humble family man, and is about as impartial when it comes to the law as a human being can be. He hasn't been on the Supreme Court bench very long and he'll get my retention vote.

I agree completely. + 1

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we need to do away with the judicial retention system completely and either go back to pre-1967 partisan elections, or convert to a state level system of gubernatorial permanent appointments and do away with the farcical show. Requiring judges to stand for retention, when IIRC there's not one example of a judge ever being "un-retained" in 40 something years is maybe a clue.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I admit I haven't kept up with which judges lean which way as far as gun control as all.

However, since Oklahoma ranks high in being friendly to gun owners for the most part, and even our Democrats tend to be pro-gun, I voted to keep them all in office.

Latest posts

Top Bottom