walmart carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No gambling when it comes to my kids or wife. I'm going for the win at any cost. I don't have ninja skills to take on a guy with a knife, thats why a carry a gun to protect myself and family. Hell my wife would prob take the guy out before me, you don't mess the babies.

This^^^

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not the only way but if that is my daughter, he has about 5 seconds to let her go at my demand before he takes a dirt nap. Sorry, not gambling with my child's life.

You don't give them any time and no demands. Time and demands will work against you and your loved ones. Especially if you don't have someone to work with you to be some kind if diversion or something. Quick decisive action is the best course IMHO.
I can't totally predict what my tactics would have been, although I have an idea, but I know that I would not have spoken a word and would have acted quickly. That's how I've always been in non gun related self defense situations in the past and its always worked out.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't give them any time and no demands. Time and demands will work against you and your loved ones. Especially if you don't have someone to work with you to be some kind if diversion or something. Quick decisive action is the best course IMHO.
I can't totally predict what my tactics would have been, although I have an idea, but I know that I would not have spoken a word and would have acted quickly. That's how I've always been in non gun related self defense situations in the past and its always worked out.

Surprise, speed and violence of action.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll never get it. If you don't have a gun with you I guess you'll just roll over and take it like a man, eh? If you can't think outside of the box it's probably better that you just stay inside the box instead.

I certainly do get it. Of course rushing the guy occurred to me, but that could quite easily go south for myself or worse, a family member. That would obviously be a last resort. As for what would be a better option, that would of course depend on the exact circumstances and available resources.

There is also the point that since I got my ccw, I've not once been out with my family without a gun. Always having a gun means a gun is always an option (though if course not necessarily a first option).

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're missing my point. If you don't have a gun with you, you can still intervene to protect those you are trying save.

I understand what you are saying. This is more of a reason to make sure I'm not in a situation without my weapon. Not that I'm trained with it, but I also carry a spyderco with me all the time. If I have clothes on, its on me, even at work. It would at least give me a better chance than nothing.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll never get it. If you don't have a gun with you I guess you'll just roll over and take it like a man, eh? If you can't think outside of the box it's probably better that you just stay inside the box instead.

This exactly, if I wasn't armed for some reason, one or a group of guys could still rush this guy and take him down hopefully without injury to the child or other men. I would gladly die trying to save my kid if that was the only option bit hopefully survive and incapacitate the threat. That guy could have killed the kid easily while everyone was still standing around. Thankfully he did not, it doesn't always end that good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom