Walther CCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeM

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at the range this weekend. One of the firearms I was shooting was my daughter's Walther CCP 9MM. SHe had complained about it stove piping and jamming.
So I was especially alert for any problems. For this particular firearm, there were problems.
But they were limited to 115 grain rounds. I tried a couple different brands and almost every other load had a problem regardless of the brand. (Winchester, Remington, Magtech)
On the other hand, 124 grain ammo had no problem at all.
I did clean the handgun before I went to shoot, so I am fairly certain that was not the problem.
Has anyone else had this problem?
As for the weapon itself, it is fun to shoot, accurate and fits well in my hand even though my daughter bought it because it fit hers.
As for the gas system lessening the recoil, I didn't notice the much difference. The other thing I really don't like about the CCP is that it needs a takedown tool.
A real pain until you have done it a few times. If my daughter decides she wants another model or brand I'll keep hers for a CCW.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one of the first CCPs shipped. I liked it a quite a bit. It is very comfortable, light recoil and extremely accurate. I like the manual safety on it which is why I never owned a PPS. I sold it because I didn't have a great need for a low capacity 9mm and I didn't like having to have a tool to filed strip. HK coming out with the P30SK was the replacement. I think this pistol has a place in market. It could be an ideal woman's pistol or ultra subcompact carry.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one for a bit. The trigger was horrible out of the box. Gritty, felt like it had gravel in the action. After a little bit of work to smooth it out it was awesome. It was a very accurate shooter for me. It felt good in the hand and recoil was very minimal. I think it is a little big for what it is, but all in all not too bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom