Walther p22 blows up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I was at Red Castle today. Guy down from me was shooting Pretty fast .. ok real fast and his Walther came apart!! The slide broke at the ejection port ,and whole slide came off the gun ..it was rather impressive. Lucky for him he was wearing shooting glasses and was not hurt . If I was not there.. I'd have a hard time believing a .22 could do that kind of damage . He was shooting Remington bulk I looked down the barrel and it was not obstructed . The guy said the pistol was a couple of years old but had not been shot that much. I will be sure to use shooting glasses for now on .

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The abuse that one person applies to their gun doesn't mean the gun is bad. There's no telling what kind of stuff that guy has done to that pistol prior to the malfunction.
Some people are more mature with their firearms than others and don't purposely try to abuse them by firing as fast as they possibly can. And who knows if he tried to do some homemade gunsmithing on it.

I put over 8,000 rounds through the P22 I had and other than the barrel hood, it didn't show any signs of wear at all.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had one that was over 6 yrs old and had probablly 50K+ rounds thru it and the slide cracked on it. Didn't come apart just cracked. Sent it back to Walther/S&W and after a 3 month wait it turned into a new S&W M&P 15/22! I'm tempted to buy that one from your buddy.
Now the P22 is fun lil gun for sure, but the slide might need a bit of re-engineering, because what is a P22 auto for but use and abuse by firing Wally World cheapo ammo thru?

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one that was over 6 yrs old and had probablly 50K+ rounds thru it and the slide cracked on it. Didn't come apart just cracked. Sent it back to Walther/S&W and after a 3 month wait it turned into a new S&W M&P 15/22! I'm tempted to buy that one from your buddy.
Now the P22 is fun lil gun for sure, but the slide might need a bit of re-engineering, because what is a P22 auto for but use and abuse by firing Wally World cheapo ammo thru?

WOW thats very reasuring, so they sent you a new m&p15/22 after 6 years of use and a crack in the frame. Thats awesome. I was disappointed in walther after i read that they only offer a one year warrenty on the firearm, I like companies that back there product with the lifetime warrenty, just makes me feel that they havce alot more confidence in there firearm.My p22 is a year old with only 1200rounds through it. But thats gonna change once i get my suppresor. Ive only had 1 ftf and several rounds that didnt go bang, but that was from the remington green bulk box. Hopefully i get the same treatment from smith/walther if something goes wrong with my p22

Latest posts

Top Bottom