Wannamachers---

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amadera

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dennishoddy said:
Anybody besides me see the two lovely ladies in the lower level selling the magnetic gun retainer system? They were certainly "dressed to get attention", and had the "assets" to show. :D:D

Amen! I sure did and bought one! Neat idea I think.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it was most definitely a seller's market. Unfortunately I was there to buy. I had a grand to spend, but I didn't see anything I wanted that I couldn't get cheaper online, so i didn't spend a dime. I did help a friend sell his SSG-69 though, which allowed him to pay me back $500 he owed me, so it wasn't a total loss! Shoot, it was worth the $10 just to hang out with friends, see all the cool hardware, and fondle a bunch of stuff I can't afford! I was tempted to buy a fiberglass m14 stock I found for $69, but I dont really need another stock. I was actually planning on buying several boxes of Prvi Partizan 7.62x51 to try out ( to see if it is good enough to warrant ordering a case online), but it was all sold out by the time I tried to buy. Overall I had a good time, but I hope superdave's upcoming norman show has more deals. I still don't think I'll sell anything though... While it is turning into a pretty strong seller's market, I think it will get stronger as the election gets closer. I would like to sell my WASR for a killing at the height of the hysteria.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doubtful they came from any state that was far away to buy things.Most likely they brought lots to sell.

Actually, I know two shotgun guys from New Hampshire that come for every show. The collector stuff brings people from all over the country.

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually, I know two shotgun guys from New Hampshire that come for every show. The collector stuff brings people from all over the country.

I never said all were sellers but I'm willing to bet that the huge majority of the trucks,motorhomes,cars w/trailers with out of state tags are sellers.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Wanenmacher show has become known for quite some time as a "dealer" show too where dealers from all over the country come to buy and sell to each other.

It doesn't matter if you're a Colt guy, Browning, Winchester, milsurp, black rifle, whatever... the dealers who are the best always hit their own local shows, the big shows that cater to their specific genre and Wanenmachers. It's always on the list.

All around, no matter which way you slice it, it is IMHO the best show in the country. If you're wanting to get more specialized, there are others that might do better at one thing or another, but for general overall best selection and ability to buy or sell, you can't beat it.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It could be worse, there could be no wannamachers, or they could move it to billings, montana.......

I have gone to the last three shows and have spent less than a benji. but had fun people watching and looking around.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have spent $800 total in the last 3 shows. I have spent probably 3K in the last 6 times to Wannamacher. It is my Mecca. It is a twice a year pilgramage. I save my OT for this show!

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It could be worse, there could be no wannamachers, or they could move it to billings, montana.......

I have gone to the last three shows and have spent less than a benji. but had fun people watching and looking around.

This ^^^ is spot on IMO. I had a good time, I bought and sold some stuff, meet some OSA'ers, the FGST members I meet all had some teeth.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This is how I feel about it. I am actually more upset at the recent Sooner gouge-fest show that I attended, but I don't mind that we have a Wannamachers show out there that I can attend.

That being said, I do miss the good ole days when you could go to a gunshow and have some fun, meet some folks, get some good deals that you couldn't get locally, and not have to put up with some of the BS that accompanies the larger shows now days.

I'd say it's also a testament to the amount of and increased quality local dealers we have now that it's so hard to beat the deals we can find in brick/mortar stores.

Latest posts

Top Bottom