War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One more time - what are the political aims of the terrorists?
The political aims of Iran have been the same since 1948 (and reinforced in 1953). The elimination of Israel as a nation, and the expulsion of the West (specifically the United States) from the entire region. They will never stop supporting terrorism against the West and Israel, until those goals have been met.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe their political/religious agenda sounds a lot like what is written in their “good book”

All nations which have not acknowledged the prophet were sinners, who it was the right and duty of the faithful to plunder and enslave.

Good folks surely they are, right?
Oddly enough there is a fairly large enclave of Jewish Iranians. So I guess not?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The political aims of Iran have been the same since 1948 (and reinforced in 1953). The elimination of Israel as a nation, and the expulsion of the West (specifically the United States) from the entire region. They will never stop supporting terrorism against the West and Israel, until those goals have been met.
Well, hell. It is Israel after all. I'll be darned.

Sounds good to me. I see no reason for us to be over there, and I can certainly understand not wanting to import American culture into the country. I wonder if our influence over there (in Iran specifically) has created any of this sentiment?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, hell. It is Israel after all. I'll be darned.

Sounds good to me. I see no reason for us to be over there, and I can certainly understand not wanting to import American culture into the country. I wonder if our influence over there (in Iran specifically) has created any of this sentiment?
It is Israel, and Western influence in the region, social, political and religious. It's all of those things, not just one. Their sociopolitical ideology is just as expansionist as our own, going back to the Rashidun Caliphate beginning in 632CE.

Long running conflicts such as these ebb and flow. Iran is currently in an ebb, but as the West decays and weakens, they flow back into that void. Iran has through their proxies and some very limited direct action, committed over 200 attacks since October 7th.

If we withdrew from the region because of these attacks, then Israel would fall. Soon thereafter, unaligned nations would be required to pay Iran for the privilege of transit through the Gulf of Aden unmolested. Eventually there would be direct attacks on western societies in the West.

Thus is the nature of such things. Pretending it isn't so, is folly.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is Israel, and Western influence in the region, social, political and religious. It's all of those things, not just one. Their sociopolitical ideology is just as expansionist as our own, going back to the Rashidun Caliphate beginning in 632CE.

Long running conflicts such as these ebb and flow. Iran is currently in an ebb, but as the West decays and weakens, they flow back into that void. Iran has through their proxies and some very limited direct action, committed over 200 attacks since October 7th.

If we withdrew from the region because of these attacks, then Israel would fall. Soon thereafter, unaligned nations would be required to pay Iran for the privilege of transit through the Gulf of Aden unmolested. Eventually there would be direct attacks on western societies in the West.

Thus is the nature of such things. Pretending it isn't so, is folly.
Sounds better the way you say it. Maybe we could focus on problems here at home then.
The Almighty Lord is watching out for our trusted friend Israel. No need for us to interfere with His divine work.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds better the way you say it. Maybe we could focus on problems here at home then.
The Almighty Lord is watching out for our trusted friend Israel. No need for us to interfere with His divine work.
Agreed. I trend small L libertarian, but not to the point of isolationism. You have to be pragmatic about such things. Let Israel do what Israel must do and don't interfere. Don't tolerate attacks on our assets and if they're in danger, move them to secure locations. Respond as needed but refocus on domestic problems as is sorely needed.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What will war in Iran look like? Long, protracted, and defense company stocks going through the roof. War is no longer about ideology, its about sustaining itself at a pace that's short of nuclear yet all the companies that provide arms to very well at the close of the bell. Doesn't matter if we win or lose, just that we buy a lot of equipment.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What will war in Iran look like? Long, protracted, and defense company stocks going through the roof. War is no longer about ideology, its about sustaining itself at a pace that's short of nuclear yet all the companies that provide arms to very well at the close of the bell. Doesn't matter if we win or lose, just that we buy a lot of equipment.
I heard Hannity yapping last week about sending Ukraine arms.

"They're getting our used stuff and we are using tax money to buy new stuff. It creates jobs!"

No joke - he actually said that. We've gotten to a point far, far past what Eisenhower warned us about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom