Was It All For Naught?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope there are some law suits that come from this, especially around how much power governors and mayors have to order people to stay in their homes and businesses to shut down.
I know it's a big fuzzy line, being in a position of keeping a population safe and allowing personal liberty, but I think a lot of them have gone way too far.

It really is easy to condemn the officials for the various measures they have imposed. But when you have experts in the field of infectious disease telling us we need to "lock-down", and many people actually in support of it, whattya do? I'm fairly certain many measures were taken in good faith; with good intentions...

It's just a fact that many "community leaders" have not a clue as to what's right and wrong anymore. They are eaten up with the thinking that they are personally responsible for everyone's safety. After one of the tornadoes in Moore they weren't allowing some people back into their homes. Wouldn't even let them enter the area. Wouldn't let them go in to get needed meds, pets, elderly parents, etc., etc. I'm not talking about areas that were leveled either, I'm talking about areas that were basically undamaged. No downed power lines, no ripped up gas meters with gas lines spewing and the like. I know this for certain because I was kinda in the middle. They wouldn't let me drive in but I could walk in. My daughter had a friend that lived about 3 miles east of me and she was denied access to her undamaged home outright and the damage path was even farther from her than me. The "story" I got was "if I let you go I have to let everybody go". When I explained that was BS because not everybody lives in this addition he tried "well, you would be interfering with search and rescue". It was all complete BS, there was none going on until you got a full half mile north of me in a completely different addition with it's own access streets. They weren't using our streets for rescue access. They just had "orders".

Some leaders think everybody is like their child and can't make their own decisions in regards to their safety. That they are not qualified to do their own risk assessment and make a decision based on what they are comfortable with. That's just a fact.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Until facts prove otherwise, I have to call 'em as I see 'em.

Woody

Lol.

I just showed you that facts are that flu cases dropped precipitously from week 11 to week 12 and 13....when the U.S. started implementing COVID precautions.

What kind of facts are you looking for people to present to disprove your otherwise baseless claim that COVID precautions didn’t lower flu cases?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol.

I just showed you that facts are that flu cases dropped precipitously from week 11 to week 12 and 13....when the U.S. started implementing COVID precautions.

What kind of facts are you looking for people to present to disprove your otherwise baseless claim that COVID precautions didn’t lower flu cases?

Every previous year of flu peaked EARLIER than this one, going back 7 or 8 years. I guess 'the COVID' musta made this one WORSE, eh?

Correlation proves causation, after all, right?

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol.

So you're saying they didn't attribute those lowered number of flu cases as cv19?
Where's your eveidence?

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We dont even know that to be a fact. I am still convinced I had Covid in Nov. - Dec. for about 4 weeks.
It was certainly something different from any other cough and illness I can ever remember and my Dr. could not identify it and a Z pack didnt touch it and I went through 2 of those regimens.
I plan to investigate that further and maybe see if I have the antibodies.
It may be too late to show accurately in an antibody test.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We dont even know that to be a fact. I am still convinced I had Covid in Nov. - Dec. for about 4 weeks.
It may be too late to show accurately in an antibody test.
Didn't think about that but I wasn't very sick at all. The cough was relentless and I was sore from that and I had a low grade fever for a few days... maybe 5 days. Mild night sweats and or chills but I'm had walking pneumonia and that was far worse.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's just a fact that many "community leaders" have not a clue as to what's right and wrong anymore. They are eaten up with the thinking that they are personally responsible for everyone's safety. After one of the tornadoes in Moore they weren't allowing some people back into their homes. Wouldn't even let them enter the area. Wouldn't let them go in to get needed meds, pets, elderly parents, etc., etc. I'm not talking about areas that were leveled either, I'm talking about areas that were basically undamaged. No downed power lines, no ripped up gas meters with gas lines spewing and the like. I know this for certain because I was kinda in the middle. They wouldn't let me drive in but I could walk in. My daughter had a friend that lived about 3 miles east of me and she was denied access to her undamaged home outright and the damage path was even farther from her than me. The "story" I got was "if I let you go I have to let everybody go". When I explained that was BS because not everybody lives in this addition he tried "well, you would be interfering with search and rescue". It was all complete BS, there was none going on until you got a full half mile north of me in a completely different addition with it's own access streets. They weren't using our streets for rescue access. They just had "orders".

Some leaders think everybody is like their child and can't make their own decisions in regards to their safety. That they are not qualified to do their own risk assessment and make a decision based on what they are comfortable with. That's just a fact.

I remember that. My mom lived off of Whispering Oaks just west of Veterans Memorial park. Her house was hit but not destroyed. About an hour later the police had everything blocked off and telling people to get out of there even though OG&E had already shutoff the gas feed for teh neighborhood. My mom finally got enough stuff together that wasn't full of glass and went to a friends house. The next day they wouldn't let her in. It wasn't until 3 days later that they let people in and my mom lost even more stuff because of the rain the next day.

I feel that if the police are not obligated to protect us (as per SCOTUS ruling) then they should not be able to deny us access to our own property "for our safety". If they want to block off city owned property/streets, fine. But I want to access whats left of my house to secure my belongs they should have no authority to stop me if I can prove I live there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom