Was It All For Naught?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No its not, simply compare other counties action and numbers as this man did. Look at Sweden and Norway, 2 different approaches and the one who locked down (Sweden) had the same outcome as Norway - which simply used SD and other precautions with no lockdown. Or maybe I have the 2 mixed up but the bottom line is same.

Nope. A lot more science goes into that. Population density (one has about 24 people per sq Km, the other about 15 for example), mobility of said population, demographics of the population, testing rates per capita etc...without comparing ALL of that it's anecdotal. I didn't read enough to see if he did that comparison and corrected for it. Did he? You also have to look at what voluntary precautions the populations were undertaking (dine in might not have been closed but did people stop going out to eat?). Was one population more cautious than the other naturally, without government edict?

It would really require an exhaustive, thorough, scientific, and peer reviewed study...or a time machine.

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The #1 verifiable and scientific argument against your point is that the U.S. flu season typically peaks between December and February. Usually February from 1982 to 2018. Most of our lockdowns did not commence until mid to late March.

The Covid wasn't 'introduced' into this country until after the 'regular' flu season had started here. The onset and peak of Covid can't be compared to the onset and peak of the 'regular' flu. If the Covid returns next flu season, the timing of the Covid might coincide with that of the 'regular' flu. That said, with the 'regular' flu season remaining ongoing during the Covid panic, there ought to be a relatable decline in the 'regular' flu cases and deaths. The lack of any reporting of such a coincidental benefit show there was no coincidental benefit to the reaction.

Woody

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. A lot more science goes into that. Population density (one has about 24 people per sq Km, the other about 15 for example), mobility of said population, demographics of the population, testing rates per capita etc...without comparing ALL of that it's anecdotal. It didn't read enough to see if he did that comparison and corrected for it. Did he?
I realize all that and from what I read he was being very thorough with lots of data sets but it didnt say which data. But without analyzing and splitting little hairs, the big picture is that these 2 are close to having the same situation and 2 different outcomes.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Covid wasn't 'introduced' into this country until after the 'regular' flu season had started here. The onset and peak of Covid can't be compared to the onset and peak of the 'regular' flu. If the Covid returns next flu season, the timing of the Covid might coincide with that of the 'regular' flu. That said, with the 'regular' flu season remaining ongoing during the Covid panic, there ought to be a relatable decline in the 'regular' flu cases and deaths. The lack of any reporting of such a coincidental benefit show there was no coincidental benefit to the reaction.

Woody
Truth^^

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Covid wasn't 'introduced' into this country until after the 'regular' flu season had started here.
We dont even know that to be a fact. I am still convinced I had Covid in Nov. - Dec. for about 4 weeks.
It was certainly something different from any other cough and illness I can ever remember and my Dr. could not identify it and a Z pack didnt touch it and I went through 2 of those regimens.
I plan to investigate that further and maybe see if I have the antibodies.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Woody

Flu was already declining. What data do you have to support the assertion that it didn't decline any faster than it should have? Or is your evidence the lack of reporting as much?

Virtually all health reporting has been focused on COVID since the outbreak. Why would there by any mainstream reporting of a decline in an already declining flu season?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
By week 12-13 of 2020, the flu had dropped precipitously on the tracking chart. What was happening around and slightly before that period? States started implementing precautions.

Any swifter drop would be unrecognizable. Maybe there’s a connection, maybe not.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Last edited:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Flu was already declining. What data do you have to support the assertion that it didn't decline any faster than it should have? Or is your evidence the lack of reporting as much?

Virtually all health reporting has been focused on COVID since the outbreak. Why would there by any mainstream reporting of a decline in an already declining flu season?
By week 12-13 of 2020, the flu had dropped precipitously on the tracking chart. What was happening around and slightly before that period? States started implementing precautions.

Any swifter drop would be unrecognizable. Maybe there’s a connection, maybe not.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/index.htm

Until facts prove otherwise, I have to call 'em as I see 'em.

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I think we aren't at the stage of study to really know many of the answers, but questions still remain, at least in my mind.

For one, haven't there been "Covid" cases before, and if so, why was this one so bad to require lockdowns?

For another, what effect has the lockdown done otherwise? Are suicides up? Are people sicker or just now finding out they have a disease that they didn't know of before, especially so if it were a disease that could have been prevented or diminished with early diagnosis?

With regards to suicides, did "tele-therapy" do any good, or would have actual visits with one's psychiatrist or psychologist have been much better?

What about cases of spousal or child abuse? Has lockdown caused an uptick in those crimes because one just couldn't get away from their family?

I'm sure that if we were given time, we could figure out a bunch more problems caused by the lockdown.

Latest posts

Top Bottom