Was just told Wal-mart no longer has box limit per day on ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mustang has the limit as of a couple of hours ago. I was in there around 9am, they had 7 boxes of .32 and a bunch of 7mm. They do seem to have ammo more frequently recently. The other day I bought a couple of boxes of .380 and a box of .45, then a couple days later my son got some 9mm there. For the last 2 months previous I hadn't seen any of those in the store.

okmic1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have not stopped at the Yukon store in couple months, but if they remove the limit I am sure the guy that gets there at 4:30am will buy everything.

Up until a couple of weeks ago my wife was the overnight cashier in Yukon. They told them they couldn't sell ammo overnight (which includes 4:30am for them).

She got a better job. :)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Up until a couple of weeks ago my wife was the overnight cashier in Yukon. They told them they couldn't sell ammo overnight (which includes 4:30am for them).

She got a better job. :)
The east-side Norman Wal-Mart won't sell anything that they keep behind the counter when sporting goods is closed. They wouldn't even sell me a danged air rifle once because sporting goods had closed about five minutes before I got there--said it was because they couldn't run the background check. :screwy: I think half of them just make stuff up on the fly when they talk to customers.

The Wal-Mart in Purcell will pretty much sell you anything you can cart up to the front registers at any time of day, and it's far less crowded.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went grocery shopping at the BA Walmart yesterday morning around 7:30 to avoid the People Of Walmart crowd, and on a whim swung past the ammo counter. There were four or five guys lined up, waiting to buy some ammo a couple employees were unboxing. Some of the ammo was .380 ACP; not sure what the rest was. The shelves, as usual, were bare except for a few boxes of 22-250, a couple boxes of 30-06, and a box or two of a few odd calibers.

The 3-box limit was still in effect, I believe.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Walmart here in Ada still has the 3 box limit. However the clerk did say that they were going to start stocking at random times, instead of having it all out there in the morning.

About time, but that just means they will contact their buddies to let them know of the new time they will be stocking ammo and what came in.

bigkev84

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bell Isle wal-mart has the 3 box limit sign back up. The employees i spoke with didnt know nothing about the limit being lifted. They mentioned that people have been ripping down the sign off and getting away with purchasing a little more than the actual limit. Poor communications i see or whoever the worker is that said its been lifted lied and hooked up his/her family. haha

Latest posts

Top Bottom