Watches on the way to a wrist near you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Accidentally ordered my first Christopher Ward this morning. Added it to my cart, went to check the duty amount in the order summary section, and an order confirmation popped up. No authorization through PayPal or anything. PayPal told me to piss up a rope when I asked them to cancel the transaction. I had been planning to purchase the watch anyway, so no real damage done. Anyways...the V3 Trident 600 Pro has been discontinued and replaced by the 300 Pro. There are 4 remaining 600 Pro models that are on sale for $696.50 - $801.50 to clear out their remaining stock. I picked up the black dial 40mm version on a bracelet for $801.50 + the duty fee. The pre-sale price was $1145.00. I like the thinness of the new 300's better, as well as the date window at 6:00, but prefer everything else about the V3 600 Pro.

As far as I can tell, the 40mm that I purchased was the last one in stock.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/sale
maxresdefault-2.jpg

Last edited:

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Accidentally ordered my first Christopher Ward this morning. Added it to my cart, went to check the duty amount in the order summary section, and an order confirmation popped up. No authorization through PayPal or anything. PayPal told me to piss up a rope when I asked them to cancel the transaction. I had been planning to purchase the watch anyway, so no real damage done. Anyways...the V3 Trident 600 Pro has been discontinued and replaced by the 300 Pro. There are 4 remaining 600 Pro models that are on sale for $696.50 - $801.50 to clear out their remaining stock. I picked up the black dial 40mm version on a bracelet for $801.50 + the duty fee. The pre-sale price was $1145.00. I like the thinness of the new 300's better, as well as the date window at 6:00, but prefer everything else about the V3 600 Pro.

As far as I can tell, the 40mm that I purchased was the last one in stock.

https://www.christopherward.com/int/sale
View attachment 397111
My 2nd CW was bought that way. I have my default card with Paypal as a debit card from my investment account with zero dollars in debit portion now. Keeps that from happening.

I think you'll love it. I've never owned that color way, but the two 600's I did, loved them. The bracelet is almost as nice as the SMP in terms of adjustment.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 2nd CW was bought that way. I have my default card with Paypal as a debit card from my investment account with zero dollars in debit portion now. Keeps that from happening.

I think you'll love it. I've never owned that color way, but the two 600's I did, loved them. The bracelet is almost as nice as the SMP in terms of adjustment.

This is the first time something like that has ever happened to me. My PayPal login info and address is all auto saved on my phone, but I have always had to physically hit a "submit order" button to authorize the payment. I had two different models in my cart shortly before that time so it's a miracle that both didn't get purchased.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is the first time something like that has ever happened to me. My PayPal login info and address is all auto saved on my phone, but I have always had to physically hit a "submit order" button to authorize the payment. I had two different models in my cart shortly before that time so it's a miracle that both didn't get purchased.
My screw ups are generally a lot less attractive than that Christopher Ward. I need lessons.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This Sinn will be my last purchase for quite a while. I will actually probably downsize my collection just a bit after it arrives. Thanks to @JD8 for his help. I almost talked myself into an a green dial 104 and a non-UTC 856, but came back to the white dial 104. I'll be keeping that day wheel set to its native language.

Screenshot_20230812_104534_Instagram.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That’s a beautiful watch Lucas. I’m looking for a white dialed something. Your Seiko and rockchalks Hamilton are calling me but I just laid out money for my lease.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s a beautiful watch Lucas. I’m looking for a white dialed something. Your Seiko and rockchalks Hamilton are calling me but I just laid out money for my lease.

Thanks Darren. That King Samurai is a really really great watch for the money. Something that I don't typically say about the lower priced Seiko divers. After buying the CW, I just don't think it's going to get enough wrist time to justify keeping it in the watch box. Most of my watches are vintage styled and I've discovered that I just don't wear more modern styled watches quite as much. Even the CW Trident is verging on being a bit too modern looking for me.

I will really miss that JDM Seiko chrono that I bundled with the Samurai, but figured the pair would make a good Seiko starter collection for someone. My obsessive personality makes me want to collect several Seiko models and the easiest way to solve that issue is to not have any...lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom