Watches on the way to a wrist near you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to build my son a color combo he wanted for his 1st G-Shock. He asked for another one for his Birthday, but in Blue (kinda lighter, but not Carolina Blue) digital with a white face and no funky colors, designs etc.

Was going to have to build him another square like this first to accommodate it. Then I got home from the Gun Shop to an email from G-Shock 🤣

This is on the way for his Birthday! Why not. I think he is going to get a kick out of this
1691868450490.png

1691868463932.png

1691868486880.png

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This Sinn will be my last purchase for quite a while. I will actually probably downsize my collection just a bit after it arrives. Thanks to @JD8 for his help. I almost talked myself into an a green dial 104 and a non-UTC 856, but came back to the white dial 104. I'll be keeping that day wheel set to its native language.

View attachment 401125
Holy Hanna brother!

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I keep looking at this thread I will be back to buying watches. I don't have anything super fancy, the nicest watch in my collection is the Hamilton that Matthew McConaughey wears in interstellar. Hamilton Khaki pilot day date, was like $500-ish before covid. It was my ten year anniversary gift to myself for working at Bama .

image-10.png

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife asked for a purple dial watch with PVD gold case and bracelet for her upcoming birthday. Not exactly an easy ask. After spending the weekend searching online, I settled on one of Alan Tsao's (Tsao / Baltimore Watch Co.) 36mm Legacy models. It is a smaller version of his 40mm compressor style diver, with only a single crown and a fixed bezel or chapter ring insert. It has a purple fume sandwich dial, crystal and exhibition back are both sapphires with AR, movement is a hand regulated Miyota 9015, has 200m WR, and QD feature on the bracelet. I'd been wanting her to try a 35mm PRX and the Legacy should be a very similar wearing watch, even down to the bracelet design. The watch ended up costing approximately $35 more than a PVD gold 35mm quartz PRX (if purchasing locally with tax). All models currently in stock on Tsao's site are an additional $100 off if you use their Labor Day sale discount code.

There aren't any good stock photos of the gold PVD case with the Raven purple dial, so I've included a shot of a Sunset pink dial 36mm and another shot of the Raven color dial on the 40mm bronze cased version.

Screenshot_20230904_102145_Samsung Internet.jpg

FB_IMG_1693843008125.jpg

RGBracelet_ba4e235a-0c42-4eb5-b17e-79fc7360dc0e.jpg

RGCaseback_9ebca39c-1541-4192-8747-85cb0e5f1888.jpg

Rotor_48da5eb6-841b-4887-a674-4632549967e1.jpg

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Decided to move my Dagaz Typhoon II (Seiko Willard homage) and my bronze Steinhart Nav B-Uhr and replace them with a smaller cushion cased mechanical pilot/ field watch. I placed an order with Mimos yesterday for a Hamilton Pilot Pioneer mechanical (British W-10 reissue).

6s9f0z4quus41.jpg

Mimo contacted me today to personally apologize for a website mixup that incorrectly showed that they had 1 unit in stock. He's ordering a replacement watch from Hamilton and even upgraded to the leather NATO strap version at no charge. @El Pablo had previously mentioned that Mimo was a great guy and he definitely seems to be after speaking with him.

I'll be posting the Dagaz Willard and Steinhart Nav B in the classifieds once the Hamilton arrives. Feel free to drop me a pm if you're interested in either piece in the meantime. The Willard will come on an unworn factory H link bracelet with an extra OEM rubber dive strap. The Nav B will come on a new XL length vintage Steinhart calf strap. Both are full kits and have warranty cards that should still be active IIRC.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to move my Dagaz Typhoon II (Seiko Willard homage) and my bronze Steinhart Nav B-Uhr and replace them with a smaller cushion cased mechanical pilot/ field watch. I placed an order with Mimos yesterday for a Hamilton Pilot Pioneer mechanical (British W-10 reissue).

View attachment 411481

Mimo contacted me today to personally apologize for a website mixup that incorrectly showed that they had 1 unit in stock. He's ordering a replacement watch from Hamilton and even upgraded to the leather NATO strap version at no charge. @El Pablo had previously mentioned that Mimo was a great guy and he definitely seems to be after speaking with him.

I'll be posting the Dagaz Willard and Steinhart Nav B in the classifieds once the Hamilton arrives. Feel free to drop me a pm if you're interested in either piece in the meantime. The Willard will come on an unworn factory H link bracelet with an extra OEM rubber dive strap. The Nav B will come on a new XL length vintage Steinhart calf strap.
Mimo is top notch! Every Hammy I own came from him (minus the Scuba) along with a few others. Always top notch and he even knocked a good chunk off on my Intra-Matic

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mimo is top notch! Every Hammy I own came from him (minus the Scuba) along with a few others. Always top notch and he even knocked a good chunk off on my Intra-Matic

I used the 25% code that either you or @El Pablo gave me and it made the watch basically the same price as Jomashop. Can't beat that pricing from an AD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom