Water Woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Been noticing that my well is starting to dry up a bit quicker than normal. Then today I see that my neighbor across the road is watering her 5 acres of dirt for her herd of 15 goats and 5 horses. Guess having water for your house is secondary and drying up all the neighbors wells is not a factor either. She has no grass so she opens her gates at night and lets the horses eat all the neighbors yards, then if you herd them back to her place she looks at you like you have a third eye or something.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't watered my lawn in 5 years. The grass will grow back hell I have green grass in my front yard almost all winter I have had to mow it in December and January before so I expected it to go dormant.

My Ok tree in the front is looking a little crispy now.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm giving up on the grass and just watering once a week to keep it alive. In this heat it's just going to go dormant anyway. Only the foundation and flowerbeds for me. I still have to mow though, because the bigass cottonwood tree in my neighbors yard thinks it's fall and is dropping leaves like crazy.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 46 trees on my place in the sticks. My well consistently flow tests 600 gal per hr.
As long as the Arkansas river flows, I will have water. My nearest neighbor is 1/2 mile away so I'm watering Every day keeping all of our trees and landscaped shrubs, flowers etc. alive.

L

LenBob

I think that this weather pattern will hold for a couple more years, based on weather cycles in the past.

I hope you are wrong Simon; but I'm afraid your words are right.

I have a 35 year old three-acre pond; it's down to about an acre now. Got some really nice bass in there that I will hate to see die. But that is nothing compared to what this drought is doing to some people. My prayers go out to them.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I water my front yard for 45 minutes a night, 3 nights a week. I set the sprinkler out so it stays on the grass and doesn't water the concrete. I hate seeing people water their lawn and half of it just lands on the concrete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom