Surprise! Slab Leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we have a late Christmas present in the form of a hot water slab leak, in the kids bathroom. No water in the house thankfully, but we can hear it running, the hot water comes out of the faucet immediately instead of having to wait for it and there are several tiles that are warm to the touch. Oh well, that is $1500 that we didn't need anyway, plumer is already here.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always found where the water stemmed up in the walls and capped it and ran Pex overhead.
I have a feeling one day all my stuff will be "pexxed"
This is what I am leaning towards as it is the least invasive and doesn't make the line smaller. Problem is this house has no inspection ports for manifolds that we haven't added, and we haven't gotten around to this one yet. :cry3:

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went through something similar a while back. Ended up causing a complete re-plumbing of the house. Only upside was they ended up completely remodeling our 3 bathrooms and kitchen and insurance covered 99% or more. Total cost was over $50K. Hope you don’t have to go through anything similar.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went through something similar a while back. Ended up causing a complete re-plumbing of the house. Only upside was they ended up completely remodeling our 3 bathrooms and kitchen and insurance covered 99% or more. Total cost was over $50K. Hope you don’t have anything similar.
No damage yet as far as we can tell, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MY son woke up this morning and his toilet puked and flooded over into the bedrooms and a foot into the living room.
They had a plumbing company out 2 times and nothing in the lines so something down stream of their lines if backing up and they get other peoples poo puked out into their floors.

I think time to call the city.
I bet he would rather have a slab water leak.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MY son woke up this morning and his toilet puked and flooded over into the bedrooms and a foot into the living room.
They had a plumbing company out 2 times and nothing in the lines so something down stream of their lines if backing up and they get other peoples poo puked out into their floors.

I think time to call the city.
I bet he would rather have a slab water leak.
We had that once and installed some backflow preventers and clean outs in the outside lines. No more problems. It was a main line problem then for us. Fortunately most of it went into the yard and the city came by and cleaned it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom