We got any plumbers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it only leaks when in use, so it'll just be a tension headache, not a migraine 😑

20230102_221245.jpg

With how cramped this **** is, I might have to take the entire drain apart to get to it.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said it's coming from the outside of the rubber collar? does that mean it's not leaking from the inside of the gasket? that sounds fairly improbable, just logically i mean. those things are pretty thick an if it was worn through enough to do that then the whole thing would be in pretty terrible condition... How long has it been leaking? is it leaking on the side nearest or furthest from the wall?

First thought is that maybe the fernco is too big for the trap .... speculating tho..does the fitting have letters on it to the effect of size? (e.g. 2 x 1 1/2 " )

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said it's coming from the outside of the rubber collar? does that mean it's not leaking from the inside of the gasket? that sounds fairly improbable, just logically i mean. those things are pretty thick an if it was worn through enough to do that then the whole thing would be in pretty terrible condition... How long has it been leaking? is it leaking on the side nearest or furthest from the wall?

First thought is that maybe the fernco is too big for the trap .... speculating tho..does the fitting have letters on it to the effect of size? (e.g. 2 x 1 1/2 " )
? just speculating but they are notoriously hard to get on properly and tight when clamp is right at wall! i always open up the wall so i can see the connection and have room to push the clamp towards the drain pipe where it should be and tighten.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Looking at the picture that was my thoughts also. Is the rubber nohub the correct size? It looks really loose on the PVC pipe.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they are pretty forgiving but yes if you can go 1 size smaller on one end or both thats best but ive used 1 1/2" on 1 1/4" pipe with no problems

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they also make a 3 way rubber no hub if the pipe nipple is bad ive cut the connection out of the vent-drain and installed the 3 way all good again.

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yes, but by outside i meant the wall side. From what I can tell it's leaking out of the side nearest the wall. It's only been leaking since yesterday evening. It was installed 2 years ago iirc

I don't see any size markings, and yes it does look a little big on the white pipe but it's tight so idk

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
The drain pipe in the wall sticks out a good 5 or 6 inches

I took that rubber thing completely loose from both pipes and pushed it all the way to the wall and tightened that down before putting the white pipe back in and it still leaked

Does any old silicone work fine with the rubber and iron?

Latest posts

Top Bottom