We got any plumbers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no big deal don't get in a big expensive repair its not worth all that .

Yeh but keep in mind that plumbing isn’t a want it’s a need. You don’t forgot having a kitchen sink or a toilet because it costs money to fix haha

Now there is probably a cheaper way to fix that than replacing the whole thing, I’m thinking he might be able to just get a new trap arm and shove it past the fitting directly into the iron pipe itself…

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeh but keep in mind that plumbing isn’t a want it’s a need. You don’t forgot having a kitchen sink or a toilet because it costs money to fix haha

Now there is probably a cheaper way to fix that than replacing the whole thing, I’m thinking he might be able to just get a new trap arm and shove it past the fitting directly into the iron pipe itself…
thats iffy !...but yes its a need.. i guess because ive been a contractor my whole life it just seems easy.. i know what i have done in the past and it works... if you are close and can help him please do.. that is why we come here to help where we can!.. just meant don't let someone charge three prices.. its really a simple repair.. no offence to anyone.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This plumbing talk is reminding me that I need to replace both exterior faucets . . . house was built in 2005 so I'm hoping the faucets are threaded on and I can just swap them out with new ones. Not looking forward to trying to remove them.
Frost-proof exterior faucets are generally threaded on.... However, the preferred method of removing them requires cutting a hole in the wall so that someone can put a wrench on the interior connection while someone else unscrews the faucet from the outside. If you fail to secure the interior connection with a wrench, you take the chance of twisting the copper pipe in two, turning a small job into a much bigger one.

Why are you wanting to swap faucets? If they are leaking from the spigot, you can remove the interior stem and replace the bib seat washer. If the faucets are leaking around the handle, try tightening the packing nuts (a quarter turn at a time) and see if that fixes the leak(s). Either way, you should be able to repair your exterior faucets without doing a complete replacement of each one.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Frost-proof exterior faucets are generally threaded on.... However, the preferred method of removing them requires cutting a hole in the wall so that someone can put a wrench on the interior connection while someone else unscrews the faucet from the outside. If you fail to secure the interior connection with a wrench, you take the chance of twisting the copper pipe in two, turning a small job into a much bigger one.

Why are you wanting to swap faucets? If they are leaking from the spigot, you can remove the interior stem and replace the bib seat washer. If the faucets are leaking around the handle, try tightening the packing nuts (a quarter turn at a time) and see if that fixes the leak(s). Either way, you should be able to repair your exterior faucets without doing a complete replacement of each one.
They've always leaked. They gummed up the threads with mortar when they installed them. I've tried to clean them and for whatever reason it just isn't sealing good enough so they continually leak when in use. I bought washers a long time ago, but never replaced them. It's been one of those jobs that I just keep putting off . . . .

CPT Gene Mauch

You gotta creep
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, gentlemen. It's not pretty, but it'll have to do for now

Attachments

• 20230104_121700.jpg
    20230104_121700.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230104_121710.jpg
    20230104_121710.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom