Weird question came up today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just avoid going to the doctor, then I don't have to answer those stupid questions.
I wouldn't mind the questions so much if they didn't hand me a blank 20-page form at least once per year. It's the 21st century, we have the technology--the least they could do is pre-fill the information that hasn't changed in the last 25 years...

RangerRick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a hospital and was admitted once and while I was in the ER one of the supervisors I know said they need to ask me some questions 1st question was do I have firearms in my home? laughed and said none of their business (she laughed and agreed) 2nd question was am I in fear or feel threated at home? told her if the 1st answer was yes, what would I have to fear at home (she just laughed)

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for a hospital and was admitted once and while I was in the ER one of the supervisors I know said they need to ask me some questions 1st question was do I have firearms in my home? laughed and said none of their business (she laughed and agreed) 2nd question was am I in fear or feel threated at home? told her if the 1st answer was yes, what would I have to fear at home (she just laughed)

The wife comes to mind.

hdbrownie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it can affect your right to carry if you have records saying you've been treated for being suicidal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it can affect your right to carry if you have records saying you've been treated for being suicidal

I wish I knew what the real answer to that was.

However... I know people who are a blatant and documented menace to society with multiple lockups both criminal and mental health-related and NOTHING is able to be done to prevent them from going back to society and going back to a home with firearms which they access and fire off in the backyard.

Wanna know why we can't stop crazy people from shootin' places up? Start there and tell me that asking questions should be "off-limits". They're just questions people... if you don't wanna answer, don't answer.

hdbrownie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you can still have them at home. You can read the law on carry and it sfeems to me you'd be denied a license.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The questions helped me get some of my patients help before they took a permanent action..most say no, if they mention yes to any of the questions we have protocol follow up questions.. most notably is "do you have a plan?"

Also there seems to be a lot of family member abuse, from stealing meds,money and all the forms of abuse.. these questions can help identify this as well.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mandated by the government. You have to ask these "safety" questions or you don't get paid.

Getting paid is very important, I've never experienced what you're describing , I'll just guess that's what you believe necessary to keep the federal feed bag on.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting paid is very important, I've never experienced what you're describing , I'll just guess that's what you believe necessary to keep the federal feed bag on.

Feed bag?

Well... I guess if you want to close down every emergency department, hospital and doctor's office in the country, then that's fine. The biggest payer for those services is the .gov in terms of Medicare and Medicaid, and other insurers follow their lead.

No one's forcing you to seek medical care, so how does it affect you, I wonder? If you want to provide medical care for anyone and everyone, and not accept any payment or reimbursement for your services, you are free to do so - and you would not be required to meet those criteria. So when does your personally-financed free clinic open? I'd love to sent plenty of folks your way...

Latest posts

Top Bottom