What age were you when you started loosing your hearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been turning up the tv for the last few months because I can barely hear it.Went to the doctor today and hoped he would just clean out ear wax and send me home.My ears were clean and I am scheduled for a hearing appointment in a couple of weeks.How long did it take you to go from hard of hearing to cant hardly hear? I am 58

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
40, and it’s not so much losing as losing the ability to focus on one when there are so many other sounds in the room

This...exactly this. I started losing certain ranges of hearing around the same time. The thing about the ability to focus too....I can't watch TV unless I'm by myself. The Missus likes to clank dishes, open and close cabinets, the dog wont sit still (stupid claws clicking on the floor when she walks around)
I first noticed it after a deployment. The audiologist at Tinker said "ya, you have some hearing loss, but you're within range. You're fine." WTF? I guess that means "you're screwed up a little, but we're not about to put it in your record."

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This...exactly this. I started losing certain ranges of hearing around the same time. The thing about the ability to focus too....I can't watch TV unless I'm by myself. The Missus likes to clank dishes, open and close cabinets, the dog wont sit still (stupid claws clicking on the floor when she walks around)
I first noticed it after a deployment. The audiologist at Tinker said "ya, you have some hearing loss, but you're within range. You're fine." WTF? I guess that means "you're screwed up a little, but we're not about to put it in your record."
Yes, my wife chews my ass frequently for not listening when she doesn’t realize it’s not intentional (well ........not entirely intentional : ) I find I have to mute the TV , and be very close to her to really hear what she wants to say. I can’t watch TV with these he dishes clanking or the dogs barking ......I say it’s like ADD of the ear

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes think I'm hard of hearing, but nearly everyone I work with at Walmart is 60 years or older in my department, so it's either them not speaking loud enough or they're shouting "what!?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom