What are you reading?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you liked "Kilkenny," Louis L'Amour had two other books with Kilkenny as the main character. I'd have to do some research to discover again what those two were. I used to have about all of his books, but they got damaged when water leaked into the plastic tub where I had them stored.

EDIT: Just went to L'Amour's website. The other two are "The Mountain Valley War" and "The Rider of Lost Creek." There are also some short story collections that featured Kilkenny as a character.
IIRC, there was one named "A Man Called Trent."

I've been re-re-re-(ha!)reading some Louis L'Amour short story collections recently (currently on "Buckskin Run" I think?). Also, the King James version Bible (mostly the New Testament).
___

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, there was one named "A Man Called Trent."

I've been re-re-re-(ha!)reading some Louis L'Amour short story collections recently (currently on "Buckskin Run" I think?). Also, the King James version Bible (mostly the New Testament).
___

I don't remember exactly and since my books got damaged and have been thrown away, I can't check each of the books. However, the Louis L'Amour website lists "A Man Called Trent" as one of the stories in a book of short stories entitled "The Man from Ruby Hills." But on that same idea, I think that one of the other Kilkenny books I listed above had him going by Trent in the beginning of the story.

Maybe I need to start buying his books again.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember exactly and since my books got damaged and have been thrown away, I can't check each of the books. However, the Louis L'Amour website lists "A Man Called Trent" as one of the stories in a book of short stories entitled "The Man from Ruby Hills." But on that same idea, I think that one of the other Kilkenny books I listed above had him going by Trent in the beginning of the story.

Maybe I need to start buying his books again.
"Trent" was just an alias he used, because everyone had heard of "Kilkenny."
___

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just started this one
54DF18DC-9F51-4FBF-893A-0B1BA7F992A7.jpeg

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
War and Peace by Tolstoy
Faust by Goethe
Paradise Lost by Milton
The Odyssey by Homer
OK, you caught me. I'm reading this forum.

Last edited:

teslawasframed

Night Watchman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
20220328_181015.jpg

Salumi, Last 100 Yards, About Face & Extreme Ownership are my current reads in progress. Been listening to Jocko's stuff for so long I figured I might as well read his dang books.
Screenshot_20220328-181559_Kindle.jpg

Took a short detour to read the first of Nealen's new series...fun stuff, as per usual from WarGate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom