What did you do in the reloading room today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
300 rounds of Alpha 6.5 Creedmoor Brass all finished and ready to load.

Ran over L.E. Wilson Mandrel
RCBS Triway chamfered and deburred.
Wiped down and ready for primers.
1677900397823.png

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loaded another 25 rounds of what I "think" might be my final load.

I had originally jumped these A-Tips .020" and got good results. Today's seating test I did .015" jump, .020" jump and .025" jump. Jumping .015", I pulled off an SD of 2.2 with and ES of 4 but had one flyer that could have been me. Couldn't be sure. Broke my damn heart and it killed the group. Shot was 1 FPS off too, so who knows.

.020" jump printed a sub half MOA group, but SD was 11.

.025" jump had an 8.4 SD, but opened up to .825".

20230304_165211.jpg

Last edited:

diggler1833

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Loaded another 25 rounds of what I "think" might be my final load.

I had originally jumped these A-Tips .020" and got good results. Today's seating test I did .015" jump, .020" jump and .025" jump. Jumping .015", I pulled off an SD of 2.2 with and ES of 4 but had one flyer that could have been me. Couldn't be sure. Broke my damn heart and it killed the group. Shot was 1 FPS off too, so who knows.

.020" jump printed a sub half MOA group, but SD was 11.

.025" jump had an 8.4 SD, but opened up to .825".

View attachment 354609

That 2.2 SD is flat out impressive for such a large cartridge...it's still really impressive if it were a .223.

Don't blame the flyer on you man! I've gone down that rabbit hole before and found that I was on the ragged edge of a hotrod load that also had the ability to turn into a sled if the weather wasn't right. No way a 1 FPS variation caused that thing to go crazy...maybe it could have been an ogive issue where it was .002-.003 long? Who knows, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Keeping in spirit with the thread: I shot my 6.5 Grendel with 108gr Scenar and IMR-8208XBR combo yesterday. Best five was .577" with a single digit SD...but the velocity was wayyyyy too low at 2,370. I got it up to 2,530 FPS with 1 MOA accuracy and another single digit SD...but was just starting to see pressure signs on the case head.

Prepped 10 pieces of brass this morning. Will try that highest charge weight with another .010 jump and .020 jump.

If it stays 1 MOA I'm fine with that in an AR as long as I can get that accuracy at distance.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m in here organizing and cleaning up. Finding stuff I forgot I had and stuff I don’t remember buying. Going to run off a few hundred 44mag. Do any of you guys load 22tcm? I found 300 armscor bullets that I can only assume I bought to try in 22-250 once upon a time. Well I’m good on 250 and it looks like these 22tcm bullets are hard to get. I’m not looking for a profit and would rather them go to someone we “know” that likes them. Yes I could make a classified but I wanted to offer them to active OSA reloaders first. Just pm me or something if you are a buddy needs them.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That 2.2 SD is flat out impressive for such a large cartridge...it's still really impressive if it were a .223.

Don't blame the flyer on you man! I've gone down that rabbit hole before and found that I was on the ragged edge of a hotrod load that also had the ability to turn into a sled if the weather wasn't right. No way a 1 FPS variation caused that thing to go crazy...maybe it could have been an ogive issue where it was .002-.003 long? Who knows, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Keeping in spirit with the thread: I shot my 6.5 Grendel with 108gr Scenar and IMR-8208XBR combo yesterday. Best five was .577" with a single digit SD...but the velocity was wayyyyy too low at 2,370. I got it up to 2,530 FPS with 1 MOA accuracy and another single digit SD...but was just starting to see pressure signs on the case head.

Prepped 10 pieces of brass this morning. Will try that highest charge weight with another .010 jump and .020 jump.

If it stays 1 MOA I'm fine with that in an AR as long as I can get that accuracy at distance.
This rifle is exceeding my expectations again and again. Same load @300 was very impressive. I will start pushing it out further next week. They had a match on the silhouette range this morning.

I think you are right. Anymore fussing with it and I'm going to find an even deeper rabbit hole. I'm pretty happy, well ****, I'm stoked with it.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cleaned the primer pockets and brushed the necks of the 50 rounds of 7.62x54r Ifired at the Military match on the 25th of Feb.
20230306_062446.jpg

Next match is in 3 weeks, on the 25th of March. I need to load up this particular load, and also work up a 300-yard load for the supplemental match.

These monthly matches come quicker than I think, every month.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished loading up the remaining 124 pieces of ADG brass today. This should get me by for a few or until my SAC bushing arrives.

Processed and cleaned about 30 rounds of Lapua 6.5 Creed brass from last weekend. Bumped shoulders .001", ran through a .290" Forster bushing to give me exactly
.002" neck tension. Waiting on my RCBS Matchmaster Seating Die and I'll load them up.

Worked up more .223 test loads on the 77 SMK's. Found a really good group but SD was like 30ish. Not happy yet. On a positive note, I found 200 Berger 77 grain OTM's over at the Hide on Sunday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom