What has caused all the earthquakes lately?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WHat has caused all the quakes?

• Too many OSA members eating beans.

Votes: 26 22.0%
  • We suck all the oil out of the ground and now it's empty down there.

Votes: 21 17.8%
  • God's wrath is starting in the center of the US.

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • The Lib's want all us gun totin hellyuns to fall in a big sink hole.

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • JB is getting things in place for the new world order.

Votes: 42 35.6%

• Total voters

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was just on the pot doing my best thinking and the thought came to mind...Why has good old Oklahoma been hit with so many quakes lately?

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its global warming/cooling, cliamate change. We must give Obama and Gore our money. Only they know how to spend it in the right places.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I blame fraking. A sudden jump from averaging 50 quakes a year in OK to 1,057 in one year alone has to be man caused. They've had earthquakes in England since they started allowing fraking there. But it's harmless.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am science teacher guys. The Earth is made up of Tectonic Plates. Oceanic plate pushes against Continental plate ALL THE TIME. Meaning that all the plates that make up the crust of the Earth are moving contantly. SLOWLY but still moving. (Some only 1/4 in per year, others as much as 2 inches per year).Eventually enough tension builds up in some of the plates ( or at some point along the plates) that they slip, crack, break or shift. It's just Mother Nature doing her thing. Don't panic... It has been going on for 4.6 billion years.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The epicenter of this quakes is 3.1 miles deep. There is no wells close to that deep in that area. Very few that deep in Oklahoma. most epicenters are alont deeper then 3.1 miles, but I don't even want to get into it.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am science teacher guys. The Earth is made up of Tectonic Plates. Oceanic plate pushes against Continental plate ALL THE TIME. Meaning that all the plates that make up the crust of the Earth are moving contantly. SLOWLY but still moving. (Some only 1/4 in per year, others as much as 2 inches per year).Eventually enough tension builds up in some of the plates ( or at some point along the plates) that they slip, crack, break or shift. It's just Mother Nature doing her thing. Don't panic... It has been going on for 4.6 billion years.
Well said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom