What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
More irritating than forgetting is losing. Sunday I lost an $80 Kershaw Avalanche S30V/G10 pocket knife because like an idiot I put it in my shirt pocket (I wanted to have a handy knife in case I ended up hanging from the harness).

DogBabe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah Hah!!! This thread confirms what many of us wives have suspected for years! You guys would forget your heads if they weren't attached!

FYI: Things wives commenly hear on hunting trips that drive us nuts:
"Honey, I forgot my ____. Can I use yours?" No! I packed mine and reminded you twice this morning to not forget yours. Man up and deal.

"Honey, where is my____?" My standard reply "The uterus is not a tracking device, find it yourself." Really guys, at least bother to look for it for a while before you expect your ladies to drop everything and search until your favorite pair of thermals are found stuffed under the truck seat right where you left them at the end of last year.

And my personal favorite...."What did you do with my____?" I love this one because it implies that because something is gone, I'm the one that must have lost it. It doesn't matter if it is something that I would have no possible reason to use, move or even touch, or that I saw you with it yesterday. I promise you, if your favorite cammo underwear is missing....I didn't take it. It was probably that buddy of yours with the shifty eyes. I've never trusted him anyway.

BIGJAKE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The worst I have forgotten is enough ammo when dove hunting. Ran out 2 hours into the hunt and had to listen to everyone else put em down. Now I take a minimum of 100 with me every time.

I tend to plan and prepare weeks before a hunt. No matter where I go or what I hunt. I think I overprepare too much but I don't want to forget anything.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot my LT license when I shot my deer a few years ago, about 2.5 hours from my house. Called the GW that knew my Dad. Now he know me too! Thank goodness we now have internet check-in.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A flashlight is my typical error. I've now resorting to carrying one in my pack, one clipped onto my hat, and I keep 1 in the toolbox in the truck.

Forgot to put batteries in my pack one last time though. :doh:

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left the house without a coat once. I remembered it about the time a was rolling through Okarche so I stopped by the surplus store and bought a camo field jacket and insulated liner. Best $40 bucks I ever spent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom