What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our land is 2 and a half hours away. Usually a couple of my dads friends and I. I use a checklist to make sure I get everything put together and mark it off as I collect it. A couple of years ago I had everything staged in the garage. I got off work, loaded up the car (Honda Accord). I drive to my grandmothers and drop off the car, swap everything over to my dads yukon and get to the cabin. Went to bed and got up to put everything on and head out on opening day. got everything on and got by the door where we usually stage our boots. Guess what, no boots... They were still sitting in the garage next to where I had everything staged. Luckily my dads friend had a spare pair with him... Always make sure boots get in the car now.... lol

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is embarrassing. I went hunting this morning & forgot my rifle! How the heck do you forget the most essential tool for the job????

So I thought I was already last night but didn't load up my rifle in the 4Runner as I wanted to insure it didn't get any condensation in the barrel overnight.

My Savage ML II stayed in the dining room corner while I drove around 60 miles to my hunting destination early this morning. I arrive and put on my hunting boots and start getting my hunting jacket & pack on and realize what I did.

What have you forgotten to take with you hunting?

Well, We didn't forget anything. But.....my buddy I took with me was sitting on a tower overlooking a trail. He saw a 10-12 point buck following a doe. He attempts to fire. Nothing. The bolt is stuck on his ML.

Shortly after another deer crosses. Click.... Same problem.

Now, we in are town getting some oil in Seminole. Bout to head back out for an evening hunt. Wish us luck. We need it. Haha

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course, sometime in my life forgot to go hunting. It's because my shotgun was destroyed and when I'm thinking to buy a new one...we had a hectic schedule. But now...I will really buy because long holiday season is coming so has time to go hunting. yehehehehe:ooh2:

Let me welcome you to the forum. How did your shotgun get destroyed?

packrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to pick up my hunting partner one time. Didn't even think of it until the rest of us were getting ready to start a drive on pheasants. Looked around and realized he wasn't there.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot gloves once.... Man, did that ever suck. I didn't have a sling on the AR at the time. Had to keep switching hands carrying it to keep em warm!

This is kind of a combo.... Sitting on a stand calling coyotes about 3/4 mile from my truck. All is well, then my guts start boiling. I dig through my bag and realize I left the toilet paper in the truck. So I pack everything up and make the longest 3/4 mile walk ever. Walking like I had set on a cactus or something... I get back to the truck then realize I was in such a hurry I left my foxpro sitting in a tree.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forgot to pick up my hunting partner one time. Didn't even think of it until the rest of us were getting ready to start a drive on pheasants. Looked around and realized he wasn't there.

Now that is the funniest reply so far. I'm sure your hunting partner didn't think that it was funny. :lmfao:

Latest posts

Top Bottom