What is the best, cheapest way to make a Will?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike sweeney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm needing to make a Will. I live in OKC and I only have one heir. I just want to be 100 percent sure this heir will get my property and another family member won't be able to challenge her legally. Im hoping this process will be simple and as cheap as possible. Thx for any advice.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think a Trust is what you need.
1) Anybody can contest a will. You can explicitly exclude people via Trust.
2) A Trust goes through the executor. A will goes through an attorney. ($$$).
3) A trust costs about $3500(?) to setup. If you have a will - an attorney will easy cost more to execute the will.

Go get some legal consultation for what works best in your situation.

Do a search on OSA for trusts. This has been discussed before, plenty of times.
Good luck.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A will is only as valid as the moment it is signed. By that I mean one can make a will out today and it is valid but tomorrow they may change their min and change the will altogether. I know this from experience.
But to answer the question, see a lawyer and get it down legally where it cannot be overturned.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm needing to make a Will. I live in OKC and I only have one heir. I just want to be 100 percent sure this heir will get my property and another family member won't be able to challenge her legally. Im hoping this process will be simple and as cheap as possible. Thx for any advice.
Most lawyers will tell you not to exclude mentioning any potential heir in your will so they can’t claim you “forgot” them. Instead, mention them & give a nominal amount to avoid the claim.

Latest posts

Top Bottom