What is the best, cheapest way to make a Will?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I been waiting on a trust to get settled for 1 1/2 years, I could push the issue but i dont think it would be worth the headache that it would cause so im just waiting it out even thou I and one other sibling is getting the raw end of the deal.
Whatever you do make sure you are precise in what to want with no room for interputation by anyone cause once your gone they will twist thing to make it more profitable for them.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know what your situation is, maybe a will, maybe a trust. Don't look for cheap, I've seen really stupid mistakes made by really stupid lawyers, get a good one, it won't cost much more. I can give you a couple of names if you want. I've had my share of lawyer stuff, I lost 10,000 dollars in a matter of seconds because my lawyer was a "good guy" and the the other lawyer wasn't . It was like a sheep and a lamb. Pay the money, you won't regret it.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More explanation needed.....
You can file a transfer on death deed with the county, whatever item (house, car, land...) is on that deed will automatically be transferred to the individual on the deed when you provide a death certificate. Its my understanding this cant be contested in probate or be overturned by a will. I'm no attorney but this was the information my mother got from an attorney after my dad passed away. She has a pretty small estate so there was no need to get into a trust, she will transfer on death all of her "items".

Edit: The attorney was a good friend of mine from high school and spoke with us for free, I'm sure other attorneys would not recommend this as it takes a little cash out of their pockets to wright up a will.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm needing to make a Will. I live in OKC and I only have one heir. I just want to be 100 percent sure this heir will get my property and another family member won't be able to challenge her legally. Im hoping this process will be simple and as cheap as possible. Thx for any advice.
We have a split family by divorce with children earlier in life. The only way to made sure it's going to be a rock solid will is to go to an attorney and get it done for a few hundred bucks. It can get complicated with the online standard will forms when it comes to making sure someone that isn't wanted thinks they can contest the will.
Even then, a will, (contract) is only one bad line away from being broken is what a lawyer friend told me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom