What is the best, cheapest way to make a Will?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shottyshooter90

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can file a transfer on death deed with the county, whatever item (house, car, land...) is on that deed will automatically be transferred to the individual on the deed when you provide a death certificate. Its my understanding this cant be contested in probate or be overturned by a will. I'm no attorney but this was the information my mother got from an attorney after my dad passed away. She has a pretty small estate so there was no need to get into a trust, she will transfer on death all of her "items".

Edit: The attorney was a good friend of mine from high school and spoke with us for free, I'm sure other attorneys would not recommend this as it takes a little cash out of their pockets to wright up a will.
I talked to an attorney the other day regarding trusts, and she mentioned this. I think we may explore this option, already have a will in place but this is a simple way to ensure that the will is more solid if we do not redo everything under a trust.

Latest posts

Top Bottom