What is the longest shot you have made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am not worthy to play this game; let's just say it ain't as long as others; just never had the chance, which I was willing to take. I had a 375 yard shot one time at a doe with a .243, but couldn't shoot, as it was over the fence on the next property, and marginally ethical as well.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Some great shooting. My son has competed in the 1000 yd match a few times at Red Castle Gun Club. It is a blast...really! A lot of you long-range folks should attend the match. It's fun! :thumbup3:

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
39 years old and only been hunting for about 13 years. All of my hunting has been in Eastern OK in the Cookson Hills.

My longest is only about 45yards. Big Time, huh?:loser: But I killed them dead.

Hondafire

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shot two coyotes on a wheatfield one time. The first one was at 396 and the second one ran out and stopped. It was at 418. I was shooting my Ruger 77 .270 with some hand loaded 90 grain Seirra hollow points. I was pleased as I am not a long shot for sure. I give props to the bipod. lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hunting - 120 yard shot on a crow sitting on the power line with a single shot .22lr

Ouch! I work for a utility company....it amazing how many millions of people and business lose their power and money by somebody shooting at birds on powerlines.

Not trying to be critical, but sure hope you never do that again.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These lazered distances some of you talk about, are they lazered before the shot to establish the range, or taken afterward to verify the distance?

I kinda figure a lazered range before the shot at 500 yrds is about equivilant to a 100 yrd shot without. Just point and shoot with a little wind doping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom