What is the longest shot you have made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The last mulie I shot in Montana was a 4X4 that was just tickling 300 yards. The first shot I mis-calculated and went over his back. He took a few more steps away and turned broadside again and I dropped him with a Remington 700 in 30-06 shooting factory 165 grain Remington CoreLok.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
180-ish yards on a buck on the side of a hill opposite of me. Probably the longest shot to ever be taken on our lease. It was the very end of November and all the leaves were gone, that's the only reason I could even see that far.

Heavily wooded and hilly, most of our deer are taken at 50 yards or less, with the occasional 70-90 thrown in.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, reading the title of the thread, I wan't gonna say anything as when I say my longest was 425 yds, I hear a lot of "I'm gonna call BS" comments.
Seems I'm not even close to a good long range shooter.

People that punch a hole in paper at no further than 100 yds just can't seem to understand how one that reloads, know ballistics, practices at long range, etc can make those kind of shots.
Their loss I guess.

Congrats on some fine shooting guys!:clap3:

jarhead983

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man we got some marksmen on here. Those are some great shots guys. Sounds like yours might have been dangerous game Jarhead.

Not too dangerous for us. If I hadn't been drinking last night, I wouldn't have posted that. It was a really messed up deal, defending an LZ on a hill in the middle of the jungle against backwoods militants. Wasn't fair. Not a war, some spook crap down in central or south america. We got called in and told nothing, blacked out windows on a helicopter, 24yrs later, still could not tell you what country. I assume one of the officers knew where we were at. Us enlisted, decided if things went screwy, to head north. Real messed up deal. Enough said, sorry I brought it up.

T-Money

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hunting - 120 yard shot on a crow sitting on the power line with a single shot .22lr open sighted from a kneeling position.

Shooting - I can shoot 1/2 to 3/4 MOA out to 600 yards with my Savage 10FP .308 win and my own loads. I haven't tried any farther than that yet.

Also, shooting a model 99 .300 Savage open sighted, I shot a 5-6" 5 shot group at 300 yards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom