What is the longest shot you have made?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well My longest shot was 22 3/4 miles, hit a burnt out M-48 tank hull with the first round...or as near as we could tell cause when the dust cleared it was gone! Now I didn't "pull the trigger" but I did key the radio and give them the coordinates. 16" deck guns make a BIG HOLE, and you don't have to drag anything back to the truck :pms2:

Reaction score
I did remember a 91-92 yard shot on a piglet, so I guess that's my longest - it was a decent shot as this was a football piglet literally - about 9 lbs - right in the heart. (I didn't realize how small it was at the time of the shot - thought it was a 30-40 lb juvenile). Just never had an ethical chance at a longer one. I'm sure I will before it's over with, when I do a mulie and/or pronghorn hunt in WY or elsewhere. Some impressive stuff on here. I think KurtM wins.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
.223 win. model 70, factory win. 55grn silver tip, from off an old oil tank, 253yds leupold range finder, guess 3-5mph winds= deer down

sure would love to have a longer area for practice/fun. the range i made behind the house goes up to about 270yds+/- and that tends to be fun with the ol' .223

Latest posts

Top Bottom