What is the purpose of a PCC for the avg guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've held off on these because money doesn't grow on trees and ammo is not cheap to have a 9mm plinking toy, where 22lr already satisfies that urge...what is the practical purpose for a PCC other than plinking where a full-sized pistol and/or semi-auto rifle would not suffice?

Here are some of the advantages I thought of but not pertinent enough for me to get one so far:

- more compact than a rifle in some cases (easier to take on a boat, truck, etc.)
- less powerful than a rifle and therefore maybe safer for some uses such as predator control on land

For those who have or do not have a PCC, share your reasons.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PCC's of the same caliber as your FS pistol have a couple benefits.

1. More energy and velocity due to barrel length
2. Better recoil mitigation from firing position and weight
3. Easier to shoot and stay on target under stress due to firing position
4. More optic options, more accessory options such as a larger light

Compared to a rifle, you have less of a chance that you hit your neighbor (if you have one) OR a family member in another part of the house / property.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PCC's of the same caliber as your FS pistol have a couple benefits.

1. More energy and velocity due to barrel length
2. Better recoil mitigation from firing position and weight
3. Easier to shoot and stay on target under stress due to firing position
4. More optic options, more accessory options such as a larger light

Compared to a rifle, you have less of a chance that you hit your neighbor (if you have one) OR a family member in another part of the house / property.
Well for home defense, the advantage I see is less hearing damage vs a pistol or shotgun but since I would not be using an AR for a bump in the night, I can't credit a PCC as less likely to hurt neighbor or family because it does have the higher velocity than a pistol of the same caliber. But yeah, if compared to an AR or AK you are right.

For a knock at the door it will be a pistol for me...for a bump in the night it will be 12 gauge bird shot.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Don't forget the inverse of that.....often times, relatives are cheap.
That actually made me laugh.

Seriously though - kidding on that, I have a Ruger PCC for a few reasons...abundance of relatively cheap ammo, it takes glock mags, and it looks like a WW2 Eurotrash subgun. It's fun too and will probably do damage to anyone out past 100m.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That actually made me laugh.

Seriously though - kidding on that, I have a Ruger PCC for a few reasons...abundance of relatively cheap ammo, it takes glock mags, and it looks like a WW2 Eurotrash subgun. It's fun too and will probably do damage to anyone out past 100m.
When would you grab it over AR or pistol?

Latest posts

Top Bottom