What is the purpose of a PCC for the avg guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@CrappieSlayer44 :

So now you're talking about stuff that was before modern cartridges even came out?.... um yeah so now we have smokeless powder also....so what's your point?

I see where you are coming from but man I gotta slightly disagree with some of that, the cartridge / powder has nothing to do with it. What it was and still kinda is, is the simplistic nature of shared rounds. Two Guns one bullet in either. It’s no different that my 357 S&W and Henry big boy 357 being paired up. The smith shoots a load around 1200 and the rifle the same load at 1750. Both guns are fun, no different than a g19 and a ruger pc carbine or a ar9 that takes glock mags.

Last edited:

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta slightly disagree with some of that, the cartridge / powder has nothing to do with it. What it was and still kinda is, is the simplistic nature of shared rounds. Two Guns one bullet in either. It’s no different that my 357 S&W and Henry big boy 357 being paired up. The smith shoots a load around 1200 and the rifle the same load at 1750. Both guns are fun, no different than a g19 and a ruger pc carbine or a ar9 that takes glock mags.
I don't know what happened but that's not my quote

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The release of this nullified any necessity of a PCC that isn’t A) select fire or B) chambered in 44 mag or larger and saddle mounted.
Pic off the internet, just a generic point of reference for the model.
BB84DB2F-36CA-4CBA-AD89-A567D7C36ACD.jpeg

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Sig MPX that I love! It’s a total blast to shoot and pinpoint accurate with an Aimpoint Pro on top. If you find a gun that you’re comfortable with and have complete confidence in, you should use it. My go-to guns are a Sig 226(E2) and the MPX.

Latest posts

Top Bottom