What is the purpose of a PCC for the avg guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've held off on these because money doesn't grow on trees and ammo is not cheap to have a 9mm plinking toy, where 22lr already satisfies that urge...what is the practical purpose for a PCC other than plinking where a full-sized pistol and/or semi-auto rifle would not suffice?

Here are some of the advantages I thought of but not pertinent enough for me to get one so far:

- more compact than a rifle in some cases (easier to take on a boat, truck, etc.)
- less powerful than a rifle and therefore maybe safer for some uses such as predator control on land

For those who have or do not have a PCC, share your reasons.

Lots of PCCs on sale recently, and that will probably continue as the economy tanks.

bobkhan

Enlightened Redneck
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to run a couple hundred rounds through a Ruger PC9 last weekend and it was a hoot!! I am seriously considering getting one

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well I was considering the kel-tec but it is almost double the price it was a few years ago :)
Sub2k's can be found around $400 and are a lot of fun. Get a 9mm that takes Glock mags and get a couple of 33 rounders. They are surprisingly reliable.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which one? If you're talking about the SUB2000 they've been blowing those out lately.

No kidding... They were under $300 in some places after the $100 rebate. The SU-16 (5.56/.223) is a different story.

With the exception of the rear sight (it sits very low and takes some effort to figure out) the Sub 2ks are excellent guns.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh man. I was on that bandwagon then I caved and got one.

Ammo is cheap enough to shoot tons of in comparison to a rifle, and still enough to use for self defense if needed so it's 100% crossover compared to training with a 22 and depending on a 223.

And man, get a tiny one and it'll go anywhere. Stuff my MPX in my backpack, suitcase, under seat, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom