What is the purpose of a PCC for the avg guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"but does it take block mags...?" LOL

No... I'm pretty sure the Glock PCC will take Glock mags. Oh, wait...

It's funny. Only recently have I become a fan of PCCs. I always felt (and still do to a degree) you get all the disadvantages of a handgun and all the disadvantages of a rifle in one package. Then I got one. To be fair it was a Colt...so it was hard to resist for me.

Now I have several and enjoy shooting every one. For me they're mostly just for fun.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man. I was on that bandwagon then I caved and got one.

Ammo is cheap enough to shoot tons of in comparison to a rifle, and still enough to use for self defense if needed so it's 100% crossover compared to training with a 22 and depending on a 223.

And man, get a tiny one and it'll go anywhere. Stuff my MPX in my backpack, suitcase, under seat, etc.
Well if they over turn the brace rule it might sway my assessment. But right now I was only comparing the folding 16" options that exist.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheap to shoot range toy seems like the only reason to me. But, that 6-800 you spent on a sweet new 9mm PCC could have bought a lot of 9mm to practice with your handgun, or a lot of 556 for your rifle. I don’t see the point honestly. With current prices, a 500 round range trip will cost you $175 for 556 vs $75 for 9mm, so a good price difference. But, a 7in AR is far superior ballistically to a 7in 9mm PCC. This difference only gets more obvious if you go to a 16in barrel.

For me, unless it’s my lever gun, I don’t see much point in a PCC. I would rather consolidate platforms and ammo, so that plinking and range fun goes towards skills I can use in a self defense situation, or more likely, while hunting. 500 rounds through a PCC does less good for me than 500 rounds through an AR that I’ll be taking out for shooting coyotes.

But, I am an absolute sucker for just shooting and having fun. Also, I love Pistol caliber lever guns.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
PCC advantages
Pick the right one and you only need one style of mags for both.

If either weapon goes down you still have mags and ammo to work with .

Pistol ammo can be cheaper than rifle can be plus its lighter.

I built a 9mm with a 223 lower and use MEAN mags that are moded for 9mm ,if need be I can switch uppers to 556 or 300blk

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Riddle me this. What was the first PCC? You're wrong, it was the Spanish Destroyer, I think. I had one and it was fun, but then I got tired of it before I used up the box of ammo. M1 carbine was the same. The one I want is one of the old Marlin Camp 9's, and I think they made that in 45 also, which would be a keeper.

Latest posts

Top Bottom