What is the purpose of a PCC for the avg guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've held off on these because money doesn't grow on trees and ammo is not cheap to have a 9mm plinking toy, where 22lr already satisfies that urge...what is the practical purpose for a PCC other than plinking where a full-sized pistol and/or semi-auto rifle would not suffice?

Here are some of the advantages I thought of but not pertinent enough for me to get one so far:

- more compact than a rifle in some cases (easier to take on a boat, truck, etc.)
- less powerful than a rifle and therefore maybe safer for some uses such as predator control on land

For those who have or do not have a PCC, share your reasons.
I dont have a PCC because after I shot a MP5, I realized Im a trigger snob. Secondly, I can shoot a pistol from 25 yards and In with the same effectiveness with less bulk and weight. If I need a shoulder fired weapon, Im grabbing a carbine, sbr in 556, or a remington 870 shorty.

CrappieSlayer44

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Weren’t a lot of Winchesters first lever action and colt single action army in the same calibers like .38-40 and .44-40? Yep, a new fad..
So now you're talking about stuff that was before modern cartridges even came out?.... um yeah so now we have smokeless powder also....so what's your point? We have much better rounds for a "ranch gun"...."truck gun"...."home defense" gun like everyone is saying they need them for....... yeah man.... fad...... why do you think the original Ruger carbine that they originally designed for cops did not take off??? Honestly if it just took ruger mags instead of taking Glock mags now it would probly have went the same way...... the only thing keeping that Ruger PC carbine relevant is that it takes glock mags.......

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sub gun vs. carbine........ called two different things because they are classified as 2 different things......
That would be sub machine gun for the og m1.. a full auto pcc would be considered a sub machine gun. I’d call the semi auto version a pcc.

What’s better depends on the problem trying to be solved. It’s not s blanket carbines are better than pcc in all scenarios. I don’t want to be shot with either. I’d rather use my 9 mm pccs suppressed, in a home defense scenario than my 9 mm pistols. My longest shot would be 25 yards. I’d rather carry a Glock 34, and have 33 round mags and my suppressed pccs handy. Id rather not be deaf shooting a carbine in my house. It also makes my tornado bags etc easy to pack.

I solve my problems, not someone else’s.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I dont have a PCC because after I shot a MP5, I realized Im a trigger snob. Secondly, I can shoot a pistol from 25 yards and In with the same effectiveness with less bulk and weight. If I need a shoulder fired weapon, Im grabbing a carbine, sbr in 556, or a remington 870 shorty.
Gen 2 kriss vector SDP or SDP enhanced have a trick that you can remove the top rail from the housing and put this screw in to remove the take up.

Makes it a clean break. Got some people I know that did it on theirs. It makes it pretty crisp honestly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom