What is the purpose of a PCC for the avg guy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Because I can sweep the dash with it in my truck. I can maintain firing on the target too, with little recoil.

I travel the USA quite a lot, and in places you wouldn't go...just because I get things done, and part of getting it done means I go home.

I watched cars get surrounded during the pandemic, saw how cops didn't want to engage because they wanted to go home too.

So I found something that works for me, and of course I made it mine.

20230611_144705.jpg

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
PCC?

Whatinnaheck is a PCC?

Pistol Caliber Carbine?

If so, I bought a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine about 8 years ago,,,
I bought mine strictly as a low cost (ammo and carbine) super fun range toy.

I mainly shoot (and am very happy with) rimfire rifles and pistols,,,
But I wanted at least one long gun that fired a potent centerfire cartridge,,,
9mm carbines shoot the cheapest ammo out there and the Hi-Point was a true bargain.

At the time I was hanging with range buddies,,,
Who got together once a month to destroy some household appliance,,,
They all had rather high end carbines such as that Beretta Cx4 Storm, Kel Tec Sub 200, and a few others.

The satisfying thing was that my El-Cheapo Hi-Point destroyed old washing machines,,,
Just as well as any of the other carbines out there.

In actuality I haven't fired it in years,,,
I really should clean/oil it,,,
And take her dancing.

Aarond

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mine mainly take up space in my safe and cases. The only firearm that's indisputably a PCC (vs a SMG clone) is a Ruger/Magpul Backpacker in 9mm. If I ever go for a multi-day hike in the woods, I'll have that in my backpack and my Glock 40 on my chest to balance me out 😁

Last edited:

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Mine mainly take up space in my safe and cases. The only one that's indisputably a PCC is a Ruger/Magpul Backpacker in 9mm. If I ever go for a multi-day hike in the woods, I'll have that in my backpack and my Glock 40 on my chest to balance me out :-)
That ruger is pretty sweet too, got to shoot one in SC back in Feb.

I like the takedown

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found a kel-tec 9mm on the cheap a while back and bought it for my wife thinking she could shoot it straighter and more comfortable as she doesn't like to shoot pistols bigger than 22 -- it came with 3 single stack mags so that is a limiter but still way better than her little ruger wheel gun --- jury is still out as she has yet to shoot the thing.... also IMO odds of actually needing it for home defense is pretty slim
Is that the PF-9?

Latest posts

Top Bottom